Published on November 18th, 2019 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda – Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Meeting is at 5:00 pm.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
Agenda item attachments and meeting minutes are available for download here.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting on November 5, 2019. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request approval of Taylor Cox and James Cook, Jr. as drivers for Cook’s Transit. (Matt Davis)
- Request permission for an officer to attend the 2019 Winter Educational Chief’s Conference on December 10-13, 2019 in Oxford, MS at an estimated cost of $325.00 (registration only) (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request approval for Harper Anne Mims to intern with the Oxford Police Department for the Spring 2020 Semester. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to employ a Full-time Communications Officer in the Oxford Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Announce a vacancy on the Oxford School Board.
- Authorize an appointment to the Courthouse Square Historic Preservation Commission.
- Authorize an appointment to the Economic Development Foundation Board.
- Presentation of the 2020 Action Plan for Visit Oxford. (Kinney Ferris)
- Request permission to accept the donation of equipment from Visit Oxford. (Hayden Guest)
- Request permission to transfer equipment from the Oxford Conference Center to Historic Properties. (Hayden Guest)
- Request permission to declare a vehicle surplus in the Oxford Utilities Department and authorize its disposal on govdeals.com. (Rob Neely)
- Consider a revision to the Oxford Utilities Water and Sewer Bill Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Authorize the City Clerk to request the annual disbursement from Glenmede. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request permission to approve and adopt the Ad Valorem Tax Rolls for 2019 as provided by the Lafayette County Assessor’s Office. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request permission to approve the annual MOU with Task Force 1 (Joey Garder)
- Request permission to retire Mattis from the Oxford Police Department K-9 Unit. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request approval for MS Critterz to host The Dog Walk Parade on December 8, 2019. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request approval for the North Central MS Realtors Board to host the annual Oxford Christmas Parade on December 2, 2019 (inclement weather date of December 3, 2019). (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to accept a donation from the Bonnie Vaught Estate in the amount of $42,651.01 for the benefit of the Mounted Patrol. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to accept a donation from the Browning Club of Oxford in the amount of $100.00 for the benefit of the Mounted Patrol. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request approval for uniformed officer(s) to work traffic details for the Tallahatchie Oxford Missionary Baptist Association for 5th Sunday Services. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request approval of a Preliminary Plat for Case #2562, David Blackburn, “The Preserve Subdivision at Oxford Commons, Phase 5”, for property located on the North side of the Oxford Commons PUD, being further described as PPIN 4502. (Gray Parker)
- Request approval of a Final Plat for Case #2563, LT2, LLC, “The Cottages at the Grove at Grand Oaks, Phase 6A”, for property located on Cottage Loop, being further described as a portion of PPIN 26136. (Ben Requet)
- Consider a request from RW Smith Company for after-hours work at Kroger during the week of December 9th. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request permission to accept the donation of property for Right-of-Way for existing portion of Ed Perry Boulevard near Town Place Suites by Marriott. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider a contract with Daniels & Associates, Inc. for professional services related to the Bramlett Boulevard Water Distribution Upgrade Project. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request permission to accept the maintenance of water and sewer infrastructure in Briarwood Subdivision Phase 1 and 2A. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request permission to accept the maintenance of water and sewer infrastructure in Oakmont Subdivision Phase 4. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request permission to advertise for the South Lamar-Oxford Way Traffic Signal Project. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider a request from CSpire to close Harrison Avenue between South Lamar and 11th Street. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider an executive session.
- Recess to meet on Monday, November 25th at 11:00am.
Questions regarding this agenda? Call 662-236-1310, or contact Ashley Atkinson, City Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.