Published on March 20th, 2012 | by Newt Rayburn0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda March 20, 2012 – 6:00 pm
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda
March 20, 2012 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of regular meeting on March 6, 2012.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Appoint member to the Planning Commission.
- Appoint member to Courthouse Square Preservation Commission.
- Discuss Local Private Legislation for Farmer’s Market.
- Approve grant for Farmer’s Market. (Lynn Wilkins and Rob Boyd)
- Authorize naming of Larry McAlexander Drive at FNC Park. (Brad Freeman)
- Third reading and vote of a rezoning ordinance for property located on Old Taylor Road west of the Marks Condominiums from CE, Country Estate to Planned Unit Development, PUD. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize amendment of Oxford University Transit FY 2012-2013 Section 5311 Grant Application. (Tim Akers)
- Approval of Preliminary and Final Plat for Rosemont Subdivision. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize speed hump policy. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission for one person to travel to the 2012 MS All-Hazards Emergency Preparedness and Response conference in Natchez, MS on March 20-21, 2012 at a cost of $350.00. (Jimmy Allgood)
- Request approval for three employees to attend Basic 40 hour Dispatch Course in Oxford at a cost of $1,185.00 on March 26-30, 2012. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval for two employees to attend a one day training conference for women in Tupelo on June 1, 2012 with a cost of $298.00. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval for one K9 officer to attend training in Vicksburg, MS on April 29-May 4, 2012 with a cost of $1,121.00. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval for two employees to attend FBINA Conference in Pearl, MS on April 11-12, 2012 at a cost of $474.00. (Mike Martin)
- Consider approval of City taxi driver permits for Theresa Winters and Michael White. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval to apply for MDOT 2012 Transportation Enhancement Urban Youth Corps Program Grant. (Al Hope)
- Request approval of retirement contributions for Nathan Russell. (Al Hope)
- Request approval to employ two patrol officers. (Al Hope)
- Request approval to employ two laborers in Building & Grounds. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2454.