Published on April 27th, 2012 | by Newt Rayburn0
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda May 1, 2012 – 6:00 pm
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda
May 1, 2012 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of regular meeting on April 17, 2012 and special meeting on April 17, 2012.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Accept resignation of Marquette Vaughn on the OPC Board.
- Appoint redistricting committee.
- Consider amendment to PUD Ordinance related to Old Taylor Road project to preclude occupancy of residential developments until after January 1, 2014. (Tim Akers)
- Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance amending the Blackberry Hills Planned Unit Development (PUD) located on the north side of Molly Barr Road west of Christman Drive. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize purchase of two 2000 Gillig 40 Foot Low Floor Buses at $18,000.00 each to be reimbursed by the University for OUT. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize shipment of two buses from California to Oxford at a cost of $4,022.00 each to be reimbursed by the University. (Tim Akers)
- Request permission to advertise for transit management services. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize Mayor to sign agreement with Local Government Services to perform a franchise fee audit of Metrocast.
- Request $500.00 for the Faulkner reading for the 175th celebration. (Mayor Patterson)
- Discuss refinance of short term G/O Note.
- Request amendment to budget for 20/40 plan.
- Request permission for one employee to attend the Annual Wastewater Treatment Meeting and Technical Conference in Bay Saint Louis, MS at a cost of $662.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize payment to Lafayette County for bond received for asphalt on Cross Creek subdivision. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept bids for Lakeway Garden Sewer and Water Rehabilitation. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize travel for engineer to attend training in Nashville, TN on June 11-14, 2012 with a cost of $1807.00. (Lynn Robbins)
- Authorize travel for superintendent and assistant superintendent to travel to Biloxi, MS on May 21-23, 2012 to the TVPPA Annual meeting with a cost of $1329.84. (Lynn Robbins)
- Request approval of Patrick Simpson, Joshua Pinkard, George Jackson, and Grace Anne Boyd as interns with OPD. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval for Vernard Sandridge and Harry Smith for Taxi Driver Permit. (Mike Martin)
- Consider approval of restaurant consumption permit (Brown Bag) for the Monkey’s Back located at 2030 University Avenue. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval for travel for training for dispatcher to attend class in Richland, MS on May 7-8, 2012 at a cost of $554.00. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval for travel for dispatcher training in Tunica MS on June 4-5, 2012 at a cost of $550.00. (Mike Martin)
- Accept $250.00 donation for Crime Prevention Fund from Woodmen of the World Lodge 1434. (Mike Martin)
- Accept resignation in the Building & Grounds Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize part time position in Building & Grounds to a full time custodian position. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment in Building & Grounds Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize promotions in Solid Waste Department. (Al Hope)
- Accept resignation in Solid Waste Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement Laborer in Solid Waste Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment of six part time Solid Waste employees. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment of a Wastewater Operator I. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2454.