Published on February 20th, 2012 | by Newt Rayburn0
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda – February 21, 2012 – 6:00 pm
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda
February 21, 2012 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of regular meeting on February 7, 2012.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Discuss petition for inclusion into the City of Oxford by Catherine Babb, Beth King and Robert King.
- Announce vacancy on Courthouse Square Preservation Commission. (Tim Akers)
- Request permission to sign Memorandum of Agreement with Mississippi Department of Archives and History for Mississippi Community Heritage Preservation Grant Award of $62,000.00 for the Burns Church Renovation. (Tim Akers)
- Reappoint Carol Haney and George Price to the Oxford University Transit Commission. (Tim Akers)
- Appoint Dreher Harris to the Downtown Parking Advisory Commission. (Tim Akers)
- First reading of a rezoning ordinance for property located on Old Taylor Road west of the Marks Condominiums from CE, Country Estate to Planned Unit Development, PUD. (Tim Akers)
- Request permission to contract the cleaning of parcel # 135P-21-205, old Gin property on Harrison Avenue, assessing all costs against the property. (Randy Barber)
- Accept maintenance of Anderson Road. (Bart Robinson)
- Announce public hearing for permitting of Rubbish Site on March 20, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. (Randy Russell)
- Request permission for a lineman to attend the TVPPA Lineworker Apprenticeship Final Exam in Scottsboro, AL on March 12-15, 2012 at a cost of $1,385.00. (Lynn Robbins)
- Request permission for assistant superintendent to attend the TVPPA Certified Power Executive course- Understanding Human Resources in Nashville, TN on March 21-22, 2012 with a cost of $1,102.00. (Lynn Robbins)
- Request permission to re-advertise for the deposit of CD’s for OED. (Lynn Robbins)
- Discuss handrails around the Square. (Billy Lamb)
- Declare property surplus and advertise on govdeals.com. (Bo Ragon)
- Discuss donation of police car to City of Lexington. (Bo Ragon)
- Request permission for one firefighter to attend the MS Association of Public Fire safety Educators 17th annual Conference on April 18-19, 2012 in Bay St. Louis at a cost of $315.00. (Mike Hill)
- Consider approval of Christian Jenkins and Jason Mangrum as reserve officers. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval for two K-9 officers to attend NNDDA Training Conference in Vicksburg, MS on April 30-May 4, 2012 at a cost of $1,950.00. (Mike Martin)
- Consider approval of the following taxi drivers: Shawn Snow, Carolyn Hatfield and Jeremy Cowley. (Mike Martin)
- Consider approval for Arseniy Parshikov to own Rock Star Taxi. (Mike Martin)
- Accept results from Special Election for Alderman Ward VI on February 14, 2012. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Authorize Mayor’s executive assistant to travel to the MML Mayor’s Youth Summit in Starkville, MS on March 2-3, 2012 with a cost of $330.00. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Authorize employment of part time workers at FNC Park. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment of two laborers in the Building & Grounds Department. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
If you need special assistance related to disability please contact the ADA Coordinator or visit the office at: 107 Courthouse Square, Oxford, MS 38655. 662-232-2450 (Voice) 662-232-2300 (Voice/TTY) alhope@oxfordms.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2454.