Published on October 20th, 2020 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Meeting is at 5:00 pm in the City Hall Courtroom.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Special Meeting on October 1, 2020, the Regular Meeting on October 6, 2020, and the Special Meeting on October 12, 2020. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request approval of water and/or sewer adjustments in accordance with the Oxford Utilities Leak Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to hire two full-time Patrol Officers in the Oxford Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to allow an employee to attend the Keep America Beautiful training in Flowood, MS on November 4-5, 2020 at an estimated cost of $87.00. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Request permission for an employee to attend the Building Officials Association of MS-Winter Conference on November 30, 2020-December 6, 2020 in Natchez, MS at an estimated cost of $836.00. (Chris Carter)
- Request permission for Cristina Guerrero to intern with the Oxford Police Department during the Fall Semester, in conjunction with the Three Rivers Workforce Development Program. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for two officers to attend the NTOA/MTOA SWAT School on November 2- 13, 2020 in Holly Springs, MS at an estimated cost of $300.00. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for the Municipal Election Commissioners to attend election training as required by the MS Secretary of State’s Office for the 2021 Municipal Election at the MMCCA Winter Education Workshop on December 9- 11, 2020, in Jackson, MS. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Recognition of the 2020 Firefighter of the Year. (Joey Gardner)
- Consideration of a request from Scott Whitaker to continue a previously granted approval at the former Pita Pit location at 309 North Lamar. (Chris Carter)
- Presentation of Visit Oxford Action Plan for 2021. (Kinney Ferris)
- Review current COVID-19 guidelines.
- Update from Chief Jeff McCutchen on citations issued to restaurants and bars.
- Presentation of information regarding property ownership of land on which the Confederate monument is located.
- Consider a Resolution declaring October 30, 2020 as Arbor Day. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept a donation to assist in defraying the cost for licenses for the use of municipal property. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request permission to approve a list of Final Budget Amendments and Re-allocations for FY 19/20. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request permission to accept the proposal from Ed Rockette Logging for tree removal from existing and future rubbish sites. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Consider a request from Wal-Mart to use a uniformed officer to work security/traffic details for Black Friday events on November 7, 14, and 27, 2020 between the hours of 5:00pm and 10:00pm. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for the Yocona International Folk Festival and organizer, Andi Bedsworth, to host a Children’s Art installation in Faulkner Alley on January 14-24, 2021. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Consider a request for a revocable license for signage at the intersection of Canon Road and Blount Drive for the Eastover development. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider Change Order #2 for AMG Construction, Inc., in the amount of $11,060.66, for final quantities and for an additional 56 days of contract time for the MDOT Highway 7-CR 401 Utility Relocation Project. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request permission to advertise for proposals for South Lamar Public Art Project. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.