Published on May 18th, 2020 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Meeting is at 5:00 pm in the City Hall Courtroom.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting on May 5, 2020, and the Special Meeting on May 9, 2020. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request approval of water and/or sewer adjustments in accordance with the Oxford Utilities Leak Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to accept the retirement of an employee in the Oxford Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to accept the retirement of an employee in the Oxford Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to accept the retirement of an employee in the Oxford Police Department- Narcotics Division. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request approval for Bo Smith, Josh Matthews, Jeff McManus, Kurt Pollen, Hayden Alexander, and Matthew Harron to serve as volunteers to assist with grass cutting on City property. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to approve and authorize the Mayor to sign the 5311 Covid-19 Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Funds for the FY2020 Project Year. (Donna Zampella)
- Consider a revocable license for porch and ramp egress on Harrison Avenue for Proud Larry’s. (Chris Carter/Bart Robinson)
- Evaluate the Serving Oxford Safely-A Plan for Recovery-Phase 1.
- Discuss the FY 2020-2021 Oxford Utilities Budget. (Rob Neely)
- Discuss outdoor dining options in the Downtown District.
- Discuss a proposal from Recycling Mississippi.
- Request approval of a Preliminary and Final Plat for Case #2623, Andrew Callicutt, for Oxford Farms, Phase 7, being further described as PPINs 8844, 8903, and 18836. (Ben Requet)
- First reading of a proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 66, Article VI, Mobile Food Vending, of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Oxford, Mississippi. (Ben Requet)
- Request permission for Rod Waller to purchase his service weapon for $1.00, as per state statute. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Accept the bids and award the contract for the Elm Street Ditch Rehab Project. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.