Published on June 21st, 2022 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Meeting is at 5 pm in the City Hall Courtroom.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting on June 7, 2022. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Fixed Assets Management:
- Request permission to declare equipment surplus in the Oxford Conference Center Department and authorize its disposal. (Micah Quinn)
- Human Resources:
- Request permission to advertise for two Part-Time employees for the Animal Resource Center. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to approve a promotion for a Part-Time employee at the Animal Resource Center. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to hire a Seasonal Concession employee at mTrade Park. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to promote three employees in the Oxford Utilities-Electric Division. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to approve a step increase for an employee in the Development Services-Building Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to approve unpaid volunteers for the Oxford Animal Resource Center. (Kelli Briscoe)
- Request approval of water and/or sewer adjustments in accordance with the Oxford Utilities Leak Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to accept donations for the benefit of the Oxford Animal Resource Center. (Kelli Briscoe)
- Travel Requests:
- Request permission for one employee to attend Front Line Supervisor training on July 18- 22, 2022 in Amory, MS at an estimated cost of $200.00. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for four employees to attend OPD Basic Mounted Patrol School on June 20-24, 2022 in Oxford at no cost to the City. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for an employee to attend the MASRO Conference on July 7-9, 2022 in Biloxi, MS at no cost to the City. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for an employee to attend SFST Instructor School on August 1-5, 2022 in Jackson, MS at an estimated cost of $726.00 (to be paid by the TIDE Grant). (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for an employee to attend Instructor Development on August 1-5, 2022 in Amory, MS at an estimated cost of $200.00. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for three employees to attend Interdiction Mastermind training on August 1, 2022 in Hernando, MS at an estimated cost of $747.00. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for an Engineer to attend the TVPPA Engineering and Operations Conference in Chattanooga, TN on August 10-12, 2022 at an estimated cost of $1,032.13. (Rob Neely)
- Fixed Assets Management:
- Adopt a Retirement Resolution for Development Services-Street Department employee, Jarvie Holman.
- Recognize two OPD Valor Award winners.
- Update on Fourth of July events. (Pam Swain)
- Public Hearing for a proposed Combined Water & Sewer Revenue Bond issue, Series 2022. (Sue Fairbank)
- Adopt a resolution of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen of the City of Oxford, Mississippi finding and determining that a notice of Resolution of Intent to either issue combined Water and Sewer System Revenue Bonds of said City, issue a Revenue Bond of said City for sale to the Mississippi Development Bank or enter into a loan with the Mississippi Development Bank, all in a total aggregate principal amount of not to exceed four million ($4,000,000.00) for the purpose of acquiring, constructing, enlarging, improving, repairing, and/or extending the combined waterworks and sewer system of said City was duly published as required by law and that no written protest or other objection of any kind or character against the issuance of such Revenue Bond or Bonds or against entering into such loan has been filed by qualified electors of the City of Oxford, Mississippi; authorizing and directing the issuance of Revenue Bonds of said city in the aggregate principal amount of not to exceed four million dollars ($4,000,000.00); and for related purposes. (Sue Fairbank)
- Authorize the re-appointment of John Bounds to the Oxford Housing Authority Board.
- Request permission to approve a Parade Assembly Permit for NJ Correnti to host the Nicholas Air 5K Run on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 9:00am. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to approve a Parade/Assembly Permit for Forrest Jenkins to host the Rally for Reproductive Freedom on Saturday, July 2, 2022 from 10:00am to 12:00pm. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to approve a Parade/Assembly Permit for Andrew King to host an International Go Skateboarding Day Celebration on Sunday, June 26, 2022 from 3:00pm until 3:30pm. (Jeff McCutchen)
- First reading, Public Hearing, and Vote on a proposed Ordinance amending Section 66-Licenses and Taxation, to add Article VII-Medical Cannabis License. (Ben Requet)
- First Reading of a proposed Ordinance to rezone approximately +/- 22.21 acres for Case #2867, Andrew Ross, for the Pat Patterson Parkway PUD, from (NR) Neighborhood Residential and (TNB) Traditional Neighborhood Business to (PUD) Planned Unit Development for property located between Anchorage Road and Pat Patterson Parkway, being further identified as PPINs 39601 & 39602. (Ben Requet)
- Request permission to approve a Final Plat (Amended) for Case #2870, Heritage Development, LLC for “Heritage Centre Lots 39 & 40” for property located at 310 & 312 Heritage Drive, being further identified as PPIN 19076. (Robert Baxter)
- Consider a bid from A.S. Fornea Construction for the construction of a pocket park at City Hall. (Mark Levy)
- Request permission to approve a quote from Tri-Star Mechanical for the relocation of the City Hall chiller tower. (Mark Levy)
- Accept maintenance and release all retainage withheld on the Wastewater Treatment Plant Flow Equalization Project. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider a request from A.S. Fornea Construction, LLC to work extended hours and have short term street closures on Jeff Davis Extended for multiple concrete pours. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.