Published on January 18th, 2022 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Meeting is at 5:00 pm in the City Hall Courtroom.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting on January 4, 2022. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Fixed Assets Management:
- Request permission to declare equipment surplus in the Oxford Park Commission Department and authorize its disposal. (Seth Gaines)
- Request permission to accept the donation of a microwave and a fan from Home Depot. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Human Resources:
- Request permission to hire three employees in the Oxford Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to hire an employee in the Municipal Shop Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to hire Concessions Staff in the mTrade Park Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to promote an employee in the mTrade Park Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to adjust the salaries of employees in the Oxford Police Department- Metro Narcotics Division. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to approve unpaid volunteers for the Animal Resource Center. (Kelli Briscoe)
- Request approval of water and/or sewer adjustments in accordance with the Oxford Utilities Leak Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to accept donations for the benefit of the Oxford Animal Resource Center. (Kelli Briscoe)
- Travel Requests:
- Request permission for the Parking Enforcement Director to attend the 2022 Mid-South Transit and Parking Association Conference in Birmingham, AL on March 15-16, 2022 at an estimated cost of $637.00. (Matt Davis)
- Request permission for an employee to attend the 2022 Northeast MS Building Officials Association monthly meetings at no cost to the City. (Chris Carter)
- Request permission for one officer to attend a Firearms Instructor Training Program in Glynco, GA on July 25-August 5, 2022 at no cost to the City. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for one officer to attend an Active Shooter Threat Instructor Training Program in Glynco, GA on February 7-11, 2022 at no cost to the City. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Fixed Assets Management:
- Discuss current COVID regulations.
- Quarterly update from Lafayette County CASA. (Erin Smith)
- Request permission to submit the 2022-2023 5311 Grant Application to MDOT for the Oxford- University Transit Department. (Carol Pringle)
- Consider a request from Greene Construction to barricade the sidewalk at 1217 East Jackson Avenue from January 19-28, 2022 for repairs to a balcony. (Chris Carter)
- Request approval of a Final Plat Amendment for Case #2822, Highland Court Oxford, LLC, for “Magnolia Park Subdivision-Lot 5”, for property located at 1801 West Jackson Avenue and being further identified as PPIN 18640. (Ben Requet)
- Request permission to advertise for bids for the demolition of the old RSVP building. (Mark Levy)
- Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.