Published on November 15th, 2013 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – November 19, 2013 – 5:00 pm
Click on any of the links in this document to open in a browser window.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on November 5, 2013.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- First reading of an ordinance regulating the number of access points required for emergency response. (Tim Akers)
- Second reading and public hearing and possible vote of an ordinance amending Chapter 118, Vehicles for Hire, Code of Ordinances to permit pedicabs. (Tim Akers)
- Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance amending Article XV Stopping, Standing, Parking Prohibited, prohibiting vehicle parking on any dedicated bike lane. (Tim Akers)
- First reading of ordinance amending Section 114-41 Water Rates and Section 114-44 Sewer Rates of the code of Ordinances to adjust the Water and Sewer Rates inside and outside the Corporate limits. (Bart Robinson)
- Approve non-binding letter of intent with Synergy-World Energy LLC for Wastewater Purification and Power Generation Facility. (Bart Robinson)
- Approve change order #2 to the Biosolids Land Farming Project, Contract No. 2 – Lime Soil Treatment for the addition of 210 tons of lime based on the 2013 soil test. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept bid for Front End Garbage Truck. (Eddie Anderson)
- Permission to Advertise for Knuckleboom Truck. (Eddie Anderson)
- Permission to apply for MDEQ Grant. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Accept bids for electric transformers. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for Building & Fire Inspector to attend training course on 2012 IBC Fire & Life Safety in Hernando, MS on November 22nd with a cost of $100.00. (Randy Barber)
- Accept and authorize change order for John Leslie Tennis Complex. (Rob Boyd)
- Authorize Mayor Pro Tempore Howell to sign the Request for Release of Funds and Certification to HUD for the CDBG project related to the FNC Road.
- Recommend approval of the following owner/operators of taxi and/or pedicab companies: Travis McIntosh – Home Safe Taxi, Nason Williams- Rebel Rickshaw, Randall Roberson – Rebel Rickshaw. (Joey East)
- Authorize the following taxi drivers and/or pedicab drivers: Benjamin Lane, Brittany Buchanan and Murray Miller. (Joey East)
- Request approval of Sparkle Jennings and Bailey Stanley as interns with the Police Department. (Joey East)
- Accept donation from Digitech in the amount of $500.00 and request amendment to the Support and Contributions budget. (Joey East)
- Request permission for two officers to attend Cyber Investigations training on December 9-10, 2013 in Pearl, MS with a cost of $98.00. (Joey East)
- Present Vehicle Service Life Extension Policy. (Joey East)
- Authorize employment of a part time laborer in the Sanitation Department. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.