Published on May 3rd, 2013 | by Newt Rayburn0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda for May 7, 2013 – 6:00 pm
City of Oxford, Mississippi
Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda
for May 7, 2013 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on April 16, 2013 and April 25, 2013 special meeting.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Accept resignation of Kaye Bryant and announce vacancy on Reserve & Trust Committee.
- Announce a vacancy on the Mayor’s Commission of Disabilities.
- Adopt proclamation for National Garden Week.
- Request 4th of July funds for fireworks and committee.
- Announce modification of Downtown Parking time limit from two hours to three hours as approved by the Downtown Parking Commission. (Tim Akers)
- Request permission for employee to attend the TVA Joint Power Accountants Association Meeting in Huntsville, AL on May 23-24, 2013 with a cost of $832.60. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for two employees to attend CSA Annual Conference in Orange Beach, AL on July 1-3, 2013 with a cost of $2,354.13. (Rob Neely)
- Declare vehicles surplus and advertise on govdeals.com. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize advertisement for Fire Station No.1. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept appraisals for easement at Brittany Woods. (Bart Robinson)
- Request approval of Phillip Hudgins, Candice Warren, and Artisha Pomerlee as interns in the Police Department. (Joey East)
- Request permission for employee to attend Mississippi Association of Chiefs of Police Training in Biloxi, MS on June 17-20, 2013 at a cost of $807.00. (Joey East)
- Accept donation for K-9 unit in the amount of $1428.52. (Joey East)
- Authorize employment of two part-time seasonal Building & Grounds laborer. (Al Hope)
- Authorize internal promotion process for a shift commander in the Fire Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment of part time seasonal Sanitation laborers. (Al Hope)
- Accept two resignations in the Police Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement for a part-time Police dispatcher. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
Questions regarding this agenda? Call 662-232-2312, or contact Lisa Carwyle, City Clerk:firstname.lastname@example.org
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.