Published on July 3rd, 2020 | by Newt Rayburn0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda for Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Meeting is at 5:00 pm in the City Hall Courtroom.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Special Meeting on June 12, 2020 and the Regular Meeting on June 16, 2020. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request approval of water and/or sewer adjustments in accordance with the Oxford Utilities Leak Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to accept a donation to the City in the amount of $1,240.25 to be deposited into the General Fund.
- Request approval of Peggy Mandujano as a taxi driver for Zoe’s Taxi. (Matt Davis)
- Request permission to hire part-time concession workers at mTrade Park. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to promote an employee in the mTrade Park Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Presentation of the Annual Report of the Board of Trustees of the City of Oxford Municipal Reserve & Trust Fund for the year ended March 31, 2020. (Ed Maxwell)
- Consider a request for an extension of the temporary certificate of occupancy for the LaQuinta Inn on Frontage Road. (Joey Moore)
- Request permission to accept a $500.00 donation from Keep Mississippi Beautiful. (Amberlyn Liles/ Michelle Robinson)
- Request permission to enter into an agreement with Central Service Association (CSA) to provide online customer portal and payment solutions. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to declare equipment surplus in the Oxford Fire Department and authorize its disposal. (Joey Gardner)
- Second reading and public hearing of a proposed ordinance amending Chapter 102, Article XVII of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Oxford, Mississippi regarding a new ticket fine structure. (Matt Davis)
- Request approval of an appointment to the Downtown Parking Advisory Commission. (Matt Davis)
- Request permission for Visit Oxford to use the City Hall Plaza and Downtown Square for live music, art demos, leisure tourism activity with amplified sound and one parking space on September 11, 12, 19, and 20, October 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, and 24, November 20, 21, 27, and 28 and December 4, 5, 11, 12, 18 and 19. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for Visit Oxford to use the City Hall Plaza, Spring St. Cigars (in front), The Growler (breezeway), Big Bad Breakfast and Snack Bar (porch area) for Tunes Around Town music event on July 11, 2020. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for Deanna Jackson and Allen Jones to use the parking lot in front of City Hall for the Love Your Neighbor and Prayer Event on Wednesday, July 8, 2020. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Discuss the City Ordinance for Parades, Public Assemblies, and Special Events (Sections 102- 638, 102-650, 102-651). (Jeff McCutchen)
- Consider Change Order #1 from Legacy Construction Services for Fire Station Number 2. (Mark Levy)
- Consider an executive session.
- Recess to meet at 8:30am on Monday, July 20, 2020.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.