Published on January 14th, 2013 | by Newt Rayburn0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda January 15, 2013 – 6:00 pm
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda
January 15, 2013 – 6:00 pm
January 15, 2013 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on January 2, 2013.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Appoint Andrew Moak and Mistie Robinson to the Mayor’s Commission on Disabilities Issues.
- Approve retirement of Police Chief Mike Martin. (Al Hope)
- Adopt retirement resolution for years of service to Mike Martin. (Joey East)
- Authorize Chief Mike Martin to purchase his hand gun for $1.00. (Joey East)
- Adopt resolution authorizing Mayor to sign application for a CDBG Grant for $2,000,000.00 for the construction of a portion of an MDOT designed roadway improving traffic flow for Office Park Drive. (Bart Robinson)
- Adopt resolution authorizing Mayor to sign an application for an MDA DIP Grant for $300,000.00 to support the construction of an MDOT designed roadway improving traffic flow for Office Park Drive. (Bart Robinson)
- Resolve the City of Oxford will provide 10% matching funds to receive the $2.3 million from CDBG and DIP. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize legal counsel to prepare an inter-local agreement requiring the 10% local match be equally apportioned between the City of Oxford, Lafayette County and FNC Inc. (Bart Robinson)
- Approval of authorizing resolution to submit FY 2013-14 Section 5311 Rural General Public program grant o MDOT for Oxford University Transit and associated budget. (Tim Akers)
14 A) Appeal of a decision by the Oxford Historic Preservation Commission to deny a COA request to demolish a structure located at 1005 South 16th Street. (Tim Akers)
- Approve Uniform Telecommunications Permit Contract with Telepak Networks, Inc. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept bid for substation maintenance. (Rob Neely)
- Authorize Eva Roy, Andrew Mistone and Joseph Schoolcraft as interns with the Police Department. (Joey East)
- Request approval for Quentin Gammill to drive for Austin Taxi. (Joey East)
- Request approval for Police Chief to attend Chief of Police Training in Ridgeland MS on January 27-31, 2013 with a cost of $474.00. (Joey East)
- Request approval for promotion to full time dispatcher in the Police Department. (Al Hope)
- Approve retirement of Connie Savage in the Sanitation Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement of pool of applicants for laborer in the Sanitation Department. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.