Published on February 5th, 2018 | by Brittain Thompson0
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda – February 6, 2018
Meeting is at 5:00 pm
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the regular meeting on January 17, 2018 and the Recess meeting on January 22, 2018.
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request permission to authorize the travel of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen, Department Heads, City Attorney, and other city employees for the Annual MML Conference on June 25th-27, 2018 in Biloxi, MS. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request permission to accept the resignation of an employee in the Oxford Electric Department and hire a replacement. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to hire seasonal employees at FNC Park. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request approval for the Human Resources Director and the Public Works Director to travel to Flowood, Clinton, Starkville and Tupelo on February 8-9, 2018 at an estimated cost of $428.00. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request approval of a step raise for an employee in the Environmental Services Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to hire a part-time Double Decker Bus Driver and a part-time Parking Enforcement Officer in the Parking Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request approval for one public works employee to attend the Twin States Landscape Architecture Conference in Jackson, MS on March 8-10, 2018 at an estimated cost of $247.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Request approval for one public works employee to attend the MS Engineering Society Winter Meeting in Jackson, MS on February 22-23, 2018 at an estimated cost of $464.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to approve the following taxi drivers: Robert A. SessumsFlying Tuk, Steven A. Pruitt-Fiying Tuk, and William K. Moore-Oxford Taxi. (Joey East)
- Request permission for six officers to attend first line supervisor’s class in Oxford on February 5-7, 2018 at an estimated cost of $885.00. (Joey East)
- Request permission for one employee to attend Certified Investigators Course once a month from February 12-July 13, 2018 at an estimated cost of $850.00. (Joey East)
- Request permission for two employees to attend the MS Chapter of the American Planning Association 2018 Technical Skills Conference in Jackson, MS on March 1, 2018 at an estimated cost of $230.00. (Judy Daniel)
- Request permission for the Superintendent to attend TVA Distribution Marketplace Forum in Murfreesboro, TN on April 2-4, 2018 at an estimated cost of $7 43.00. (Rob Neely)
- Adopt a proclamation for Oxford Film Festival Week.
- Adopt a resolution awarding the sale and issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2018A, in the amount of $2,700,000.00 for the construction of municipal buildings. (Sue Fairbank)
- Presentation of updated proposed annexation map. (Mike Slaughter)
- First reading or consideration of a proposed Ordinance enlarging the corporate limits of the City of Oxford. (Pope Mallette)
- Request permission to apply for a Firehouse Subs grant with no match. (Mark Heath)
- Request permission to apply for a Firefighter Assistance grant. (Mark Heath)
- Request permission for the Mayor to sign an engagement letter with ButlerSnow for continuing disclosure services. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Discuss a request for a revocable license for the Lyric to reconstruct an entrance and add a ramp on City Right of Way, and to allow signage above City Right of Way. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to apply for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthy Hometown Grant and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthy Heroes Grant with no match on either grant. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to declare equipment surplus in the Environmental Services Department. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Second reading and public hearing of a proposed Ordinance allowing golf carts on certain public streets.
- Request permission to grant a Restaurant Consumption Permit (Brown Bag) to Supon Sriphone for Aloha Thai Hawaiian Restaurant. (Joey East)
- Authorize the Mayor to sign the 2017-2018 Metro Narcotics lnterlocal Agreement. (Joey East/Pope Mallette)
- Consider approval of the City of Oxford Wayfinding Master Plan. (Mark Levy)
- Authorize the Mayor to sign an interlocal agreement with Lafayette County and the University of MS for a comprehensive traffic plan. (Pope Mallette)
- Declare a truck surplus in the Public Works Department. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to accept bids and award the contract for the demolition of Riverside Apartments. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to apply for Transportation Alternative Funds for South 18th (Bramlett Blvd.) Pedestrian Improvements. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to apply for Transportation Alternative Funds for East Jackson Avenue Pedestrian Improvements. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss a water adjustment for 1158 CR 401. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss a water adjustment for 307A Martin Luther King Drive. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider an executive session.
Questions regarding this agenda? Call 662-236-1310, or contact Ashley Atkinson, City Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.