Published on August 21st, 2020 | by TLV News0
Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves Issues Executive Order Limiting Seating at College Football Games to 25% Capacity
On August 20, 2020, Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves issued social distancing measures for college and university outdoor stadiums, as well as game day events.
Under Executive Order 1519, bowl seating is limited to 25% of seating capacity while maintaining six feet distance between individuals not in the same household.
Additional social distancing measures include:
- Everyone over the age of six must wear masks as they enter/exit and throughout the stadium unless seated. Masks are strongly encouraged while seated.
- Game day events such as tailgating and rallies outside the stadiums are prohibited.
- Individuals allowed on the sidelines are limited to those essential for the game.
- Concession stands are open, though grab-n-go food and drink options are strongly encouraged.
- All transactions should be contactless and touchless, such as mobile ticketing and cashless concessions.
Executive Order 1519 will remain in effect until Monday, August 31, 2020 at 8 am.
Click here to read Executive Order 1519.