Published on March 16th, 2014 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – March 18, 2014 – 5:00 pm
Click on any of the links in this document to open in a browser window.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on March 4, 2014 and recessed meeting on March 10, 2014.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Adopt Red Cross Proclamation.
- Adopt Disability Awareness Month Proclamation.
- Request from University to shoot fireworks after Friday night home SEC Baseball games. (Jason List)
- Appeal Historic Preservation Commission decision to approve a Certificate of Appropriateness for partial demolition of structures on the Shaw House property. (William Wheeler)
- Third reading and vote of ordinances adopting the following: 2012 International Building, Residential, Plumbing, Mechanical, Gas and existing Building Codes and the 2011 National Electric Code. (Randy Barber)
Existing Building Ordinance
IRC Ordinance Exp
- Request permission to submit FY 2014 Multi-Modal Grant. (Tim Akers)
- Third reading and vote of ordinance amending Article 2 Section 141 Downtown Business District of the Land Development Code to increase the permitted building height from 35 to 38 feet. (Tim Akers)
- First reading of an ordinance rezoning, with conditions, property located on the west side of Highway 7 Southeast of South Lamar from (RA) Single Family Residential to (SC) Shopping Center. (Tim Akers)
- Third reading and vote of an ordinance rezoning property located west of South Lamar, north of Harlan Drive and south of Mimosa Drive from (PB) Professional Business District and (RB) Two-Unit Residential District to (NB) Neighborhood Business District. (Tim Akers)
- Third reading and vote of ordinance amending Article 2 Landscaping of the Code of Ordinances modifying the tree preservation requirements. (Tim Akers)
- Request approval of water and sewer service to Goose Creek Club LLC located on Anderson Road. (Tim Akers)
- Final plat approval for Phase 1 of the Preserves subdivision located in Oxford Commons. (Tim Akers)
- Final plat approval for Phase 1 of the Heights subdivision located in Oxford Commons. (Tim Akers)
- Final plat approval for Phase IV of Franklin Farms subdivision located on Fudge town Road. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize appointment to the Downtown Parking Advisory Commission, to complete the term of Larry Sparks. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize appointment to Oxford University Transit Commission, to complete the term of Buster Clark. (Tim Akers)
- First reading of ordinance amendment of Section 54-28, Appeals of the Code of Ordinances.
- Discuss request from Faulkner Flats to work on Sunday.(Bart Robinson)
- Authorize Mayor to sign full and final release for STP-0360-00(010)LPA/105198 for BMX track to Bennett Construction. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss for RFP for operations for the Oxford Conference Center. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize advertisement for RFP’s for Game day Football Shuttle Service. (Matt Davis)
- Accept bids for single space parking system for Downtown. (Matt Davis)
Yearly Breakdown With Alternate #1
Yearly Breakdown Without Alternate #1
- Authorize the purchase of parking enforcement hardware/software. (Matt Davis)
United Public Safety Quote
T2 Systems Quote
- Approve Park Oxford budget. (Matt Davis)
- First reading of an ordinance creating a fire district encompassing an area adjoining the City of Oxford, on a part of which is located the Lafayette County School District. (Cary Sallis)
- Discuss software for City Shop. (Bo Ragon)
- Authorize Mayor Patterson to sign School Resource Officer agreement with the Oxford School District.
- Request approval for one Investigator and the Chief to attend the MS FBI Annual Conference in Pearl, MS from April 24-25, 2014 with a cost of $308.00. (Joey East)
- Request approval for Major of Administration and Communications Supervisor to attend the 2014 ARMS Conference from March 19-21, 2014 in Memphis, TN at a cost of $395.00. (Joey East)
- Request approval for Chief to attend the MS Association of Chiefs of Police Annual Conference from June 16-20, 2014 in Biloxi, MS at a cost of $970.00. (Joey East)
- Recommend approval Harrison Hopper and Calton Roberson as pedicab drivers. (Joey East)
- Recommend approval of Frank Waycaster as a taxi driver. (Joey East)
- Discuss Hospital Wing insurance in the amount of $20.00 per employee. (Cary Sallis)
- Authorize advertisement for Service Technician II at the City Shop. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment of concessions and grounds crew workers at FNC Park. (Al Hope)
- Accept resignation in Park Commission and authorize advertisement for replacement. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.