Published on April 13th, 2014 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – April 15, 2014 – 5:00 pm
Click on any of the links in this document to open in a browser window.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on April 1, 2014 and the recessed meeting on April 3, 2014.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Adopt resolution of sale for Special Assessment Bonds, including form OS. (Elizabeth Garner)
- Adopt resolution directing the sale and award of negotiable $500,000.00 note. (Elizabeth Garner)
- Adopt Arbor Day Resolution.
- Oxford Farmers’ Market report. (Katie Morrison)
Economic and Community Impact
- Third reading and vote of an ordinance rezoning, with conditions, property located on the west side of Highway 7 Southeast of South Lamar from (RA) Single Family Residential to (SC) Shopping Center. (Tim Akers)
- First reading of an ordinance amending Oxford Commons Planned Unit Development (PUD) located east of Highway 7 North. (Tim Akers)
- Approve sewer service to Goose Creek Tennis Club located on County Road 218. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize appointment to the Downtown Parking Advisory Commission.
- Third reading and vote of ordinance amendment of Section 54-28, Appeals of the Code of Ordinances. (Tim Akers)
- Request permission for the Building Official to attend the Mississippi Building Officials annual training course on building administration in Biloxi, MS on June 23-27, 2014 with a cost of $719.00. (Randy Barber)
- Adopt resolution to submit Community Development Block Grant Application and Commitment of Funds to be used in conjunction with sewer project. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to advertise for a public hearing for Community Development Block Grant. (Bart Robinson)
- Retain Williams Engineering for survey of Armory property and Fire Station #1 property. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission for engineer to attend ArcPad software training on May 6-7, 2014 in Jackson, MS with a cost of $1,067.00. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to travel to Jackson, MS on April 24 for Keep America Beautiful Award Ceremony and MDEQ Grant acceptance. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Request from OPC for $12,000.00 for irrigation of the new Tennis Complex. (Rob Boyd)
- Third reading and vote of an ordinance creating a fire district encompassing an area adjoining the City of Oxford, on a part of which is located in the Lafayette County School District. (Cary Sallis)
- Approve ad valorem tax contract with Lafayette County for the collection of car tags. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Adopt the Section 3 plan for the Community Development Block Grant. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Request permission for four officers to attend DUI Training from May 6-8, 2014 in Vicksburg, MS at a cost of $744.00, $522.00 will be reimbursed from grant. (Joey East)
- Request approval for two officers to attend ARIDE Training Course on April 15-16, 2014 in Corinth, MS at a cost of $148.00. (Joey East)
- First reading of ordinance amending Section 118-26b regarding pedicab requirements. (Joey East)
- Authorize ten reserve officers. (Joey East)
- Authorize retirement in the City Shop and adopt resolution honoring Johnny Chinault. (Al Hope)
- Authorize promotion in the Police Department. (Al Hope)
- Accept resignation in the Police Department. (Al Hope)
- Accept retirement in the Police Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment of Public Works GIS technician. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement for Double Decker bus drivers. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment of parking secretary. (Al Hope)
- Accept resignation of Administrative Assistant. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.