Published on October 15th, 2019 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda – Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Meeting is at 5 pm.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
Agenda item attachments and meeting minutes are available for download here.
- Presentation of the Colors by Pack 4, Arrow of Light Den. (Jason Bouldin)
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting on October 1, 2019. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request permission to approve Calrenease Cook as a new taxi owner for Cook’s Transit. (Matt Davis)
- Request approval of Burton Cummins as a taxi driver for Oxford Yellow Taxi. (Matt Davis)
- Request permission for three employees to attend the MPTA 43rd State Conference on November 12-15, 2019 in Tunica, MS at an estimated cost of $1,940.00. (Donna Zampella)
- Request permission for the City Clerk to attend MML Debt Setoff Training on October 16, 2019 in Tupelo, MS at an estimated cost of $65.00. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request permission for one employee to attend the MS Recycling Coalition Conference in Oxford, MS on October 29-30, 2019 at a cost of $200.00 (registration only). (Amberlyn Liles)
- Request permission for one officer to attend the 2019 Storm Fall Conference Training on November 12-14, 2019 in Vicksburg, MS at an estimated cost of $82.00. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for three officers to attend the FBI-SWAT Course Training on October 21-24, 2019 in Jacksonville, AR at an estimated cost of $1,356.84. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for three officers to attend the MTOA-SWAT school on November 4- 15, 2019 in Southaven, MS at an estimated cost of $1,485.00. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for two officers to attend the DHS Protective Measures training on October 24, 2019 in Starkville, MS at no cost to the City. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for four employees to attend Audio-Visual Training on October 21, 2019 at the Overby Center on campus at no cost to the City. (Hayden Guest)
- Request permission to accept the resignation of a part-time employee in the Environmental Services Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to promote two part-time employees in the Environmental Services Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission for the Human Resources Director to travel to the Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthy Workplace Summit on October 17, 2019 in Flowood, MS at an estimated cost of $183.28. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request approval of a salary correction for an employee in the Development Services- Engineering Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to accept the resignation of a part-time Parking Enforcement Officer. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to promote two employees in the mTrade Park Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Animal shelter and control update. (Jenn Petermann)
- Public hearing to consider a proposed redistricting map and the recommendation from the Redistricting Committee. (Bart Robinson)
- Adopt a proclamation for Brain Awareness Week, October 13-19, 2019, in conjunction with the Pilot Club of Oxford.
- Authorize two re-appointments to the Tourism Council.
- Presentation of the 2019-2020 Marketing Plan for Visit Oxford. (Mary Allyn Hedges)
- Request permission to approve an MOU with the MS Department of Finance & Administration to receive funds appropriated through SB 3049, 2019 Regular Session and authorize the City Clerk to send the required letter for the transfer of the funds. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request approval of the final budget amendments and re-allocations for FY1819 and amendments for two funds for FY1920. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Accept a check from TVA for electrification incentives resulting from the Bramlett Water Plant Expansion Project. (Rob Neely)
- Discuss a water leak at 3900 Eagle Cove and consider an adjustment. (Rob Neely)
- Request approval of changes to the Oxford Fire Department’s Standard Operating Guidelines. (Joey Gardner)
- Discuss and consider the approval of, and authorize Interim Chief McCutchen to sign, a lease with Rose Dale Corporation for a police substation. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request approval of a parade permit for Family Crisis Services for the Domestic Violence Awareness March on Tuesday, October 22, 2019. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to access funds through the MS Wireless Communications Commission (WCA funds) for $14,000.00 to pay for mobile NCIC units for patrol cars. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to accept materials bids and award the contract for water meters for FY 2019-2020. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request permission to accept the bids and award the contract for drainage ditch improvements at mTrade Park (formerly FNC Park). (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request permission to accept the bids and award the contract for sidewalk improvements for the East Jackson Avenue Sidewalk project, known as MDOT LPA Project Number STP- 8578-00(001)LPA/106610-702000. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider a change order in the amount of $407,094.30 for changes to the influent piping and bar rack system at the Waste Water Treatment Plant Flow Equalization Project. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request approval for Requisition 1 to reimburse Oxford Commons Improvements, LLC for $2,998,986.70 from the proceeds of the 2019 TIF Bonds as per the Development and Reimbursement Agreement dated December 18, 2018. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider a resolution for the sale of water to Punkin Rural Water Association and approve revised Water Purchase Agreement (revised October 2, 2019) with Punkin Rural Water Association. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss a Community Development Block Grant for Economic Development and request permission to advertise for a consultant. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.