CURATED BY GRAMMY MUSEUM® L.A. LIVE, EXHIBIT GIVES VISITORS A HISTORICAL OVERVIEW OF THE GRAMMY AWARDS®THROUGH INTERACTIVE CONTENT AND ARTIFACTS
GRAMMY Museum® Mississippi will celebrate past and recent GRAMMY® winners with And The GRAMMY Goes To…, an interactive exhibit exploring the GRAMMY Awards® process, the star-studded GRAMMY red carpet spotlighting timeless fashion moments from a variety of artists, and the making of a GRAMMY Award statue. Opening on October 5, the exhibit will also give visitors a chance to watch the most recent GRAMMY Awards telecast, which originally aired on January 28.
“This exhibit gives visitors a front row seat to the GRAMMY Awards,” said GRAMMY Museum Mississippi Executive Director Emily Havens. “From the show-stopping costumes, interactive content, and candid photos—this exhibit screams cool. We are lucky to be able to bring this exhibit to the Delta community and the state of Mississippi.”
On display through spring 2019, the exhibit features rare artifacts and historical information, including:
- Collection of memorable performance and red-carpet outfits, including those worn by Beyoncé, Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, Alicia Keys, Maren Morris, and Rihanna
- Piano used by GRAMMY-winning group fun. during their performance of “Carry On” at the GRAMMY Awards in 2013
- Official GRAMMY poster display featuring works by Shepard Fairey, Rick Garcia, Masaki Koike, and more
- Feature on John Billings, also known as “The GRAMMY Man,” who handcrafts each award statue given to winners in all GRAMMY categories
- Gallery of artist portraits shot and curated by official GRAMMY backstage photographer Danny Clinch and exclusive interview and behind-the-scenes footage of Clinch backstage capturing these portraits
- A chance to view the most recent GRAMMY Awards telecast in its entirety
- 20-time GRAMMY winner Henry Mancini’s complete collection of GRAMMY Awards
GRAMMY Museum Mississippi is located at 800 W. Sunflower Rd., Cleveland, Miss., 38732. For more information on the Museum’s exhibits and upcoming public programs, visit GRAMMYMuseumMS.org.