Published on January 3rd, 2014 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – January 7, 2014 – 5:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the public hearing on December 17, 2013 and the regular meeting on December 17, 2013.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Adopt Citizens for Economic Development Act resolution to support Mississippi Municipal League.
- Announce April 12, 2014 as Household Hazardous Waste Day. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Third reading and vote of an ordinance amending Section 162 and Section 212 of the Land Development Code regulating the number of access points required for emergency response. (Tim Akers)
- Third reading and vote of an ordinance creating Article 2 Section 149 Adult Entertainment Overlay Districts of the Land Development Code. (Tim Akers)
- Approve preliminary and final plat for Phase II, Lot 1 Greenpointe Plus Commercial Subdivision. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss recommendations of Parking Commission. (Bart Robinson)
- Request authority to advertise for RFP’s for Operation of Oxford Conference Center. (Bart Robinson)
- Approve 2014 training for the Fire Department. (Cary Sallis)
- Request permission for seven officers to complete radar certification with a cost of $280.00. (Joey East)
- Accept the retirement of Director of Sanitation Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize promotion in Sanitation Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement for Assistant Superintendent in Sanitation Department. (Al Hope)
- Accept retirement in Planning department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement for City planner. (Al Hope)
- Authorize promotion from part-time to full-time laborer in Building & Grounds Department. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.