Published on May 21st, 2020 | by TLV News0
“Social Distancing Songwriting Challenge” Finalist Announced: See Who’s the Winner Here!
Over the last four weeks, we’ve hosted a songwriter’s challenge open to all Mississippi musicians. We have had many great artists and writers send us their videos and each week the general public has voted for their favorites.
Thank you to all who participated in the Social Distancing Songwriting Challenge. In the end it came down to a one vote margin.
Our goal with this program was to highlight artists within our community during this challenging time, create an event that encouraged people to share their work and recognize that the arts cover a wide range of skills.
This project involved talented musicians who participated but also included filmmakers, writers, and publishers within our community. All who contribute to making the Lafayette-Oxford-University community vibrant.
Thank you to all those who listened to the songs, voted, and hopefully shared the talents of the performers. We thank our partners The Yoknapatawpha Arts Council and Antonio Tarrell Films and the generous support from the Mississippi Arts Commission, Cathead Vodka, and Mississippi Presenters Network.
Now, the winner! The winner by one vote of the Social Distancing Song Writing Challenge is Ryan Miller with his song “Kicking Cans”.
Watch Week Four Here:
Watch Week Three Here:
- Randy Weeks “The Unique Solution”
- Gabriel Bass with “Calling Collect”
- The Kites “Storms”
- Meg Gousset “Guess How Much I Love You”
- Brady Hoggard “You (The California Girl Song)”
Watch Week Two Here:
- Steve Brewer “Tree Roots and Broken Concrete”
- Shane Brown “Joe”
- Tad Wilkes a.k.a. Moon Pie Curtis with “Good Times”
- Yarnell Marks “Every Problem,”
- Jason Campbell “Heaven.”
Watch Week One Here:
- Silas Reed, “The Way You Look Tonight”
- Andrew Gordon, “Lately in Earlysville”
- Tyler Huertas, “The Mirror”
- Ryan Miller, “Kicking Cans”