Published on August 6th, 2019 | by TLV News0
Primary Election Day Reminders
Today, Tuesday, August 6, 2019, is Primary Election Day in Mississippi. Polls open at 7 am and close at 7 pm Mississippians will have the opportunity to cast their ballot for statewide, state district, legislative, county and county district offices.
Helpful tips to ensure your experience at the polls is as smooth as possible are as follows:
- Polling Place Hours: Polling places are open 7 am to 7 pm You are permitted to cast a ballot if you are standing in line at 7 pm.
- Polling Place Locations: A polling place locator is available on the Secretary of State’s website at http://www.sos.ms.gov/PollingPlace/Pages/default.aspx.
- Campaigning: Refrain from campaigning for any candidate or party within 150 feet of a polling place, unless you are on private property.
- Loitering: Refrain from loitering within 30 feet of a polling place, including within the polling place. After you cast your ballot, please depart so your fellow citizens can quickly cast their ballot.
- Voter ID: Don’t forget to bring your photo ID to the polls! For more information on acceptable forms of ID, visit www.MSVoterID.ms.gov.
- Election Hotline: If you experience problems at the polls, or have any other questions, please call the Secretary of State’s Election Hotline at 1-800-829-6786.
Primary Elections are conducted by political parties in Mississippi, but you do not have to be a member of a political party in order to cast your vote.