Published on August 3rd, 2020 | by TLV News1
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Meeting is at 5:00 pm in the City Hall Courtroom.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
Announcement- The City of Oxford’s Tax Sale for 2019 taxes will be held on Monday, August 31, 2020, beginning at 8:30am. The sale will be conducted online through GovEase. Please visit GovEase’s website at www.govease.com for more information.
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Special Meeting on July 15, 2020, the Recess Meeting on July 20, 2020, and the Regular Meeting on July 21, 2020. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request approval of water and/or sewer adjustments in accordance with the Oxford Utilities Leak Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to accept the retirement of an employee in the Oxford Utilities-Electric Division. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to accept the voluntary demotion of an employee in the Oxford Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to accept the resignation of an employee in the Oxford Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to hire an Engineering Technician at the Oxford Utilities-Electric Division. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request approval of Arseniy I. Parshikov as a taxi owner/driver for University Taxi, LLC. (Matt Davis)
- Approve the 2020- 2021 Ad Valorem Request from the Oxford School District. (Brian Harvey)
- Update on team sports from Oxford Park Commission. (Seth Gaines)
- Authorize an appointment to the Municipal Election Commission.
- First reading of a proposed ordinance amending Chapter 18, Section 18-71-Definitions, to add Subsections (a)-(d), and to add Section 18-78-Keeping of Vicious Dogs to the Code of Ordinances of the City of Oxford, Mississippi. (Pope Mallette)
- Request permission to accept proposal from Williams Engineering for construction engineering and testing for rubbish site expansion. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Second reading and public hearing of a proposed ordinance amending Chapter 2-Administration, Article VIII, Section 2-236, Composition and Terms, of the City of Oxford Code of Ordinances regarding the Historic Properties Commission. (Kate Kenwright)
- Second reading and public hearing of a proposed Ordinance for Case #2642, to amend the City of Oxford Land Development Code. (Ben Requet)
- Request permission for Visit Oxford to use the City Hall Plaza for an Arts Council Projection of artwork with acoustic music on August 8, 2020. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to advertise for bids for the Traffic Signal Installation Project at South Lamar and Oxford Way. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider Change Order #1, including final quantities, for the NRCS Railroad Stabilization Project in the amount of $49,854.74 (City’s share $10,968.04). (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider Change Order #1 for the Water Line Relocation Project at the intersection of Highway 7 and South Lamar/CR 401 in the amount of $30,490.90. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider a request from the US Army Corps of Engineers for the Board to serve as a Study Sponsor for a streambank erosion investigation along portions of Davidson Creek. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider an agreement for a non-exclusive franchise to Telepak Networks, Inc. for telecommunication facilities. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.