Published on March 3rd, 2012 | by Newt Rayburn0
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda March 6, 2012 – 6:00 pm
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda
March 6, 2012 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of regular meeting on February 17, 2012 and the recessed meeting on March 1, 2012.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Report from Oxford Reserve and Trust Committee. (Rex Deloach and Jim Rayner)
- Adopt March is Red Cross Month proclamation.
- Announce vacancy on the Planning Commission.
- Appoint member to Courthouse Square Preservation Commission.
- Second reading and public hearing of a rezoning ordinance for property located on Old Taylor Road west of the Marks Condominiums from CE, Country Estate to Planned Unit Development, PUD. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize travel for three employees to attend the Sign Workshop in Memphis, TN on March 16, 2012 with a cost of $75.00. (Tim Akers)
- Discuss speed control on South 11th Street. (Duke Goza)
- Discuss speed hump policy. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to advertise for the Demolition of Water Plants and Closure of Wells from the Bell Utility Systems. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize Mayor to sign agreement with Daniel and Associates for Engineering services for South Water Plant at the new Whirlpool Tank. (Bart Robinson)
- Request training for two office personnel at CSA in Tupelo, MS on March 29 with a cost of $298.00. (Lynn Robbins)
- Consider approval of taxi driver permit for Gerald P. Fields. (Mike Martin)
- Accept donation to Crime Prevention Fund for OPD Mounted Patrol. (Mike Martin)
- Authorize travel for the City Clerk to attend the annual Municipal Clerk Conference in Hattiesburg, MS on March 28-20, 2012 with a cost of $520.00. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Accept results from Special election run-off on February 28, 2012. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Authorize letter to Department of Justice to request for change of Municipal polling precinct from Oxford Activity Center to the Oxford Conference Center. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Declare RSVP computer surplus for the purpose of donation to LOU Home. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Authorize list of seasonal part time workers for FNC Park. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2454.