COVID-19 cases are high but falling in the state, while pressure on hospital ICUs remains significant.
Treating COVID-19 illness promptly can help prevent serious illness and hospitalization, especially in those who are older or in poor health.
More than 1,496,000 people have now been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in Mississippi, and more than 534,000 have received boosters or third vaccine doses. Vaccination benefits you even if you have already had COVID-19.
Fully vaccinated individuals with boosters have the highest protection against severe illness and death from COVID-19.
Find a Vaccination or Booster
All Mississippians aged 5 or older are now eligible for vaccination at hundreds of convenient locations statewide. Vaccinations and boosters are free to all Mississippians.
- Find a pharmacy or clinic near you offering vaccinations
- Find a vaccination, booster or third vaccine dose at county health departments and local vaccination providers. Details and eligibility
Homebound persons can get help with COVID-19 vaccination by sending e-mail to COVIDHomebound@msdh.ms.gov
Host a vaccination event for your business or organization by writing to VaccineEvent@msdh.ms.gov
Follow daily vaccination progress: Mississippi COVID-19 Vaccination Report
COVID-19 Case and Death Summary
Cases reported in the past week: 38,855
Positive test results reported to MSDH between February 1 and 7, as of 3 p.m. yesterday.
Deaths reported in the past week: 334
COVID-19 related deaths reported to MSDH or determined from death certificate reports between February 1 and 7, as of 3 p.m. yesterday.
Total Mississippi COVID-19 cases: 770,522
Total Mississippi COVID-19 deaths: 11,378
Long-Term Care Facilities
- Current active outbreaks: 234
An outbreak is considered any confirmed COVID-19 case among LTC facility residents or employees.
COVID-19 data reported by schools for the week ending February 4.
- Number of schools reporting: 715
- New K-12 student cases for this reporting week: 2,248
- New teacher/staff cases for this reporting week: 461
Mississippi hospital bed usage:
- Patients currently hospitalized for confirmed COVID-19: 1,150
- Patients currently in intensive care for confirmed COVID-19: 269
COVID-19 Hospitalizations by Date
Cases and Deaths by Date
This chart tracks COVID-19 cases and deaths according to the date the person first became ill, or by date of death rather than the event was reported. Since we are still receiving reports of illnesses that began up to two weeks ago, expect the more recent dates on this chart to change.
What You Can Do
- Be vaccinated, or get a booster. Vaccination is the most powerful step you can take to resume normal community life and stop unnecessary deaths. Booster doses are important to extend your immune protection.
- Be tested for COVID-19 if you have symptoms or believe you may have been exposed. See our guide to local testing providers and free testing at http://HealthyMS.com/covid19test
- Be treated with monoclonal antibody treatment if you have tested positive and may be at risk for serious illness. Details
- If you are unvaccinated, wear a mask whenever you are indoors, away from home.
- Keep gatherings small. Maintain a healthy distance as often as possible.
- If you are over 65, or have a chronic illness, avoid all large indoor gatherings, even if you are vaccinated.