Published on September 20th, 2021 | by Lafayette County Sheriff0
Free Women’s Self Defense Classes Are Being Offered to the Community by the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department
The Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department is holding free Women’s Self Defense classes on Thursdays this fall: September 30, October 21, November 11, and December 2, 2021.
All classes will be held in the Training Building at the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department at 713 Jackson Avenue, Oxford, Mississippi. Classes begin at 6 pm.
There is no registration or fees associated with this class. All you have to do is show up in gym type clothing.
PERSONAL SAFETY OBJECTIVES:
TO EDUCATE ADULTS AND TEENS IN THE FOLLOWING:
- The facts concerning assault, rape/sexual assault and stalking as well as what options they have if they or someone they know become a victim;
- How to recognize violent attitudes and dangerous situations:
- How to avoid being the target of an attacker.
RESIDENTIAL SECURITY OBJECTIVES:
- The facts concerning property crime in general;
- The facts concerning burglary and home invasion:
- How to recognize and reduce the risk of being victimized by burglary and home invasion.
EQUALIZER PHYSICAL SELF-DEFENSE OBJECTIVES:
- Objectively reasonable use of force, the effects and mitigation of survival stress;
- Defending against common grab, hold and strikes while standing;
- Defending against common grab, hold and strikes when the struggle is on the ground;
- Defending against a knife or other sharp instrument attacks;
- Improving their confidence in their ability to defend themselves against an attack.
All you have to do is show up in gym type clothing. There is no registration fees for the classes. If you have questions contact: Tony Carleton 662-231-3201 or email: email@example.com
For more information about the program: www.gossgt.com