Published on November 28th, 2020 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Meeting is at 5:00 pm in the City Hall Courtroom.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting on November 17, 2020. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request approval of water and/or sewer adjustments in accordance with the Oxford Utilities Leak Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for one officer to attend the SSGT Re-Certification training on December 7-11, 2020 at the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department at a total cost of $400.00. (registration only). (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for a step-raise for an employee in the Oxford Fire Department for receiving EMT Certification. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to stream amplified holiday music in the downtown area. (Jimmy Allgood)
- Authorize a re-appointment to the Downtown Parking Advisory Commission.
- Discuss COVID-19 “Current Restrictions and Guidelines” and the current executive orders.
- Authorize the City Clerk to direct Glenmede to disburse the annual draw from the Oxford Reserve & Trust Fund, including the reimbursement of fees for the previous year. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request permission to declare equipment surplus in the Oxford Police Department-Parking Division and authorize its disposal. (Matt Davis)
- First reading of a proposed Ordinance amending Chapter 22, Article I, of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Oxford, to add an administrative fee for Stop Work Orders. (Chris Carter)
- Request approval of a Preliminary and Final Plat for Case #2685, Porch View Subdivision, for property located at 510 N 15th St., being further described as PPIN 6172. (Gray Parker)
- Consider Change Order #4 from A. S. Fornea Construction for the North Lamar Pocket Park Project. (Mark Levy)
- Request permission to accept the proposals received and award a contract for the South Lamar Roundabout Public Art Project. (Mark Levy)
- Request permission to accept the bids received and award a contract for the Conference Center 161:15kV Substation Addition Project. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to allow a sole source purchase for the upgrade to the SCADA System at the Wastewater Treatment Plant. (Rob Neely)
- Consider a request from Southern General Contractors, LLC for extended work hours for striping. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider renaming and readdressing of certain private streets within the annexed areas. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Discuss the infrastructure and warranty bonds for Oxford Way. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider Change Order #5 for Malouf Construction for additional contract time and zero cost for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Flow Equalization Project. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.