Published on January 14th, 2019 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Meeting is at 5 pm.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
Agenda item attachments and meeting minutes are available for download here.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting on January 2, 2019 and the Special Meeting on January 3, 2019.
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request approval for an alderman travel to Washington, DC on January 29-31, 2019 at an estimated cost of $1,600.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to send two drivers for CDL Driver Training. (Donna Zampella)
- Request permission for two Buildings & Grounds employees to attend a Landscape Chemical training course on January 17, 2019 in Memphis, TN at an estimated cost of $60.00. (Greg Pinion)
- Request permission for the Parking Manager to attend the Mid-South Transportation and Parking Association (MSTPA) annual conference in Lexington, KY on March 3-6, 2019 at an estimated cost of $1,600.00. (Matt Davis)
- Request permission for one officer to attend Drug Recognition Expert Field Certification from January 22-25, 2019 in Jacksonville, FL with the only cost being per diem. (Joey East)
- Request permission for one officer to attend MTOA SWAT school from February 25- March 9, 2019 in Holly Springs, MS at a total cost of $300.00 plus per diem. (Joey East)
- Request permission for one officer to attend a Criminal Interdiction workshop from March 12-14, 2019 in Southaven, MS at a total cost of $599.00 plus per diem. (Joey East)
- Request permission to approve three promotions in the Oxford Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to advertise, open to the public, for Seasonal workers at FNC Park. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to hire an Administrative Assistant in the Building Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission for three inspectors to attend a Sprinkler System class on January 23, 2019 in Memphis, TN at no cost to the City. (Joey Gardner)
- Request permission to advertise for bids for an Outdoor Communication System for FNC Park. (Brad Freeman)
- Request permission to adopt an Intent Resolution of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen of Oxford, Mississippi declaring the necessity for the Sale and Issuance of a General Obligation Note in a amount not to exceed $1.9 Million Dollars for capital purchases. (Sue Fairbank)
- Request permission to adopt a Resolution Declaring the Intention of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen of the City of Oxford, Mississippi to either issue combined water and sewer system revenue bonds of said City, issue a revenue bond of said City for sale to the MS Development Bank or enter into a loan with the MS Development Bank, all in a total aggregate principal amount not to exceed fourteen million dollars ($14,000,000.00) for the purpose of acquiring, constructing, enlarging, improving, repairing, and/or extending the combined waterworks and sewer system of said City; and for related purposes. (Sue Fairbank)
- Adopt a Resolution hiring required legal counsel and an independent registered municipal advisor in connection with the sale and issuance by the City of Oxford, Mississippi of either combined water and sewer system revenue bonds of said City or a revenue bond of said City for sale to the MS Development Bank of the execution and delivery of the documents necessary to secure a loan with the MS Development Bank, all in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed fourteen million ($14,000,000.00) dollars; and for related purposes. (Sue Fairbank)
- Request permission to authorize the Mayor to sign an engagement letter with Butler Snow for the completion of the Continuing Disclosure for Fiscal Year 2018. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider a change to the promotional process in the Oxford Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Third reading and vote on a proposed ordinance for Case #2423, Modifications to the City of Oxford Land Development Code (Article 3). (Ben Requet)
- Request permission to advertise and seek bids to construct a flow equalization basin at the Wastewater Treatment Plant. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to authorize a sole source purchase from Control Systems, Inc. to replace equipment for monitoring the lift stations. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to accept proposals for traffic crossing guard services. (Joey East)
- Consider a resolution requesting that the Alcoholic Beverage Commission extend the hours for alcohol service for Super Bowl LIII, Sunday, February 3, 2019. (Joey East)
- Request permission to apply for the Wal-Mart Community Grant in the amount of $5,000.00. (Joey East)
- Consider a request by Harrison’s to construct an asphalt curb along Harrison Avenue. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Authorize the Mayor to request project activation of a pedestrian improvement project on South 18th/Bramlett Boulevard using Transportation Alternative (TA) funds with a required match from the City. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Authorize the Mayor to sign a contract with Elliott & Britt for design services for the South 18th/Bramlett Boulevard TA project pending counsel’s approval of the contract. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider a resolution of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen of Oxford, Mississippi, in support of Local and Private legislation authorizing the City of Oxford to extend On-Premise Consumption hours for Beer, Light Wine, and Alcohol beyond current On-Premise Sale hours for Beer, Light Wine, and Alcohol. (Pope Mallette/Bart Robinson)
- Consider an executive session.
- Recess to meet on January 28, 2019.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.