Published on April 14th, 2013 | by Newt Rayburn0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda for April 16, 2013 – 6:00 pm
City of Oxford, Mississippi
Board of Aldermen Meeting
Agenda for April 16, 2013 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on April 2, 2013.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Adopt proclamation for National Crimes Victim’s Rights Week.
- Adopt proclamation for Bike Month.
- Adopt resolution for Arbor Day.
- Announce vacancies on the Historic Preservation Commission.
- Announce a vacancy on the Mayor’s Commission of Disabilities.
- Request for City to close North 4th Street. (Matthew Moore)
- Authorize employee to go to Keep America Beautiful awards ceremony in Jackson, MS on April 18, 2013 with no cost to the City. (Eddie Anderson)
- Authorize Standard Parking to terminate downtown parking for Saturday, April 27, 2013 due to the Double Decker Festival. (Tim Akers)
- Request for appeal of Site Plan denial of The Domain.
- Authorize Mayor Patterson to sign a temporary construction easement for MDOT on Jackson Avenue. (Bart Robinson)
- Adopt traffic calming policy. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept donation from Crimestoppers. (Joey East)
- Request approval for Mayor to sign contract with Guardian tracking. (Joey East)
- Request approval of Casey Dunn, Torry Wadley, Stephen Bihm, and Thomas Panico as taxi drivers. (Joey East)
- Authorize approval of Wesley E. Salmon and Grant Richardson as interns with the Police Department. (Joey East)
- Request approval for the following reserve officers for OPD: Maurice Market, Summer Rowland, Scott Wurth, and Bailey Stanley. (Joey East)
- Authorize two employees to attend Municipal Tax Collection, Tax Sales and Land Redemptions on May 15, 2013 with a cost of $390.00. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Authorize advertisement of full time Building & Grounds laborer. (Al Hope)
- Authorize promotions in the Street Department. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.