Published on March 31st, 2014 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – April 1, 2014 – 5:00 pm
Click on any of the links in this document to open in a browser window.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on March 18, 2014.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Adopt Junior Auxiliary Proclamation.
- Adopt intent resolution for a General Obligation Note of $500,000.00 for the City’s portion of the road North of Sisk.
Attorney General Approval of REDA
Intent Note Resolution
Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity
- Adopt resolution directing the issuance of $1,600,000 of Special Obligation Bonds.
Notice of Bond Sale
Form of POS 8 A) Accept donation for ADA sidewalks along Jackson Avenue. (Jim Pryor)
8 B) Update on Historic Properties Commission. (Jim Pryor)
- Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance rezoning, with conditions, property located on the west side of Highway 7 Southeast of South Lamar from (RA) Single Family Residential to (SC) Shopping Center. (Tim Akers)
- Final plat approval for Phase 1 of the Preserves subdivision located in Oxford Commons. (Tim Akers)
- Final plat approval for Phase 1 of the Heights subdivision located in Oxford Commons. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize appointment to the Downtown Parking Advisory Commission, to complete the term of Larry Sparks. (Tim Akers)
- Accept resignation of Jeff Triplette from the Downtown Parking Advisory Commission and announce opening.
- Second reading and public hearing of ordinance amendment of Section 54-28, Appeals of the Code of Ordinances. (Tim Akers)
- Request for Temporary Construction Easement from Jackson Row Development Group, LLC for sub-surface tie back system and for airspace to be used during construction.
- Request from Oxford University Bank for a revocable license to locate a portion of their sign on City right of way on University Avenue.
- Consider timeliness of an appeal of denial of a Certificate of Appropriateness by the Historic Preservation Commission to remove a barn at 1701 East Jackson Avenue – Shaw Property. (Tim Akers)
- Consider an appeal of denial of a Certificate of Appropriateness by the Historic Preservation Commission to remove a barn at 1701 East Jackson Avenue – Shaw Property. (Tim Akers)
- Adopt proclamation declaring April as Safe Digging Month.
- Accept bids and authorize award of contract for Oxford Commons Frontage Road. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider temporary construction easement to Eutaw Construction Company for widening of Old Taylor Road. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize change order to Contract “A” Water Supply Wells/Whirlpool Plant to deduct $10,760.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize Sanitation Director to travel to Jackson, MS on April 10, 2014 to the Mississippi Recycling Coalition Board meeting. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Request permission to advertise for Request for Proposals for Automated Metering Infrastructure project. (Rob Neely)
- Authorize agreement between the County and the City regarding the operation of the on-call Public Transportation service. (Arledia Bennett)
- Invitation to Indoor Practice Facility on April 4, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. at FNC Park. (Brad Freeman)
- Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance creating a fire district encompassing an area adjoining the City of Oxford, on a part of which is located the Lafayette County School District. (Cary Sallis)
- Request permission for a fireman to travel to Meridian, MS on April 28-May 1, 2014 to teach Overland Search and Rescue class, salary and expenses will be reimbursed from MS Homeland Security. (Cary Sallis)
- Request permission for administrative assistance to attend the Annual Professionals Emergency Services Administrative Conference on May 1-2,2 014 in Gulfport, MS with a cost of $264.00. (Cary Sallis)
- Accept bids for single space parking meters for downtown. (Matt Davis)
- Request approval for one officer to attend Advanced Sniper School from April 21-23, 2014 in Southaven, MS at a cost of $255.00. (Joey East)
- Request approval for one officer to attend Basic Sniper School from April 14-18, 2014 in Southaven, MS at a cost of $475.00. (Joey East)
- Request approval for one officer to attend School Resource Officer Basic Course from April 12-18, 2014 in Meridian, MS with a cost of $245.00. (Joey East)
- Request approval for one officer to attend the School Resource Officer Refresher Course form April 13-15, 2014 in Meridian, MS with a cost of $105.00. (Joey East)
- Recommend approval of Stanley Spearman as a pedicab driver. (Joey East)
- Request approval to declare the attached list of cars as surplus and authorize their sale on govdeals.com. (Joey East)
- Authorize Mayor Patterson to sign the contract with Hospital Wing for insurance for City employees. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement for a pool of applicants for firefighter. (Al Hope)
- Authorize Human Resource Department to apply for the MDOT 2014 Transportation Enhancement Urban Youth Corp Grant. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.