Published on March 15th, 2015 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda for Tuesday, March 17, 2015 – 5 pm
Click on any link to open in browser window. Note: Some file sizes are large and may result in extended download times.
- Call to order
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on March 3, 2015.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Consider consent agenda:
- Authorize employment of a part-time administrative assistant at FNC Park. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize advertisement of part-time seasonal laborers at FNC Park. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize advertisement of part-time seasonal laborers in the Sanitation Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize advertisement for part-time seasonal laborers in the Building & Grounds Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize advertisement for a full-time and part-time event coordinator at the Conference Center. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize employment of two firefighters. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize approval of resignation of Building & Grounds employee. (Braxton Tullos)
- Approve contract worker as a part-time worker with the Medical Reserve Corp. (Braxton Tullos)
- Adopt resolution regarding measurement period related to Affordable Care Act. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to apply for Healthy Hometown Award with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request for two staff members to attend the MS Bike Walk Summit on Friday, April 10, 2015 in Jackson, MS at a cost of $100.00. (Andrea Correll)
- Accept maintenance of water, sewer, and streets in the Heights Phase I subdivision. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept maintenance of water, sewer, and streets in Preserves Phase I subdivision. (Bart Robinson)
- Request approval for OPD to apply for two grants, Impaired Enforcement Grant and the Occupant Protection Grant. (Joey East)
- Request permission for two officers to attend K9 training in Southaven, MS from March 24-26, 2015 with a cost of $316.00. (Joey East)
- Request permission for three officers to attend Leading by Legacy training in Columbus, MS from March 23-25, 2015 at a cost of $1,556.00. (Joey East)
- Recommend approval of Roy Jones, Richard Long, Britney Wardlaw, and Scott Tartavoulle as taxi drivers. (Joey East)
- Request approval for two Fire Department employees to attend MS Arson Investigator School in Biloxi, MS on April 8-10, 2015with a cost of $910.00. (Cary Sallis)
- Request approval for Administrative Assistant to travel to Biloxi, MS on April 29-May 1, 2015 for the Emergency Services Administrative Professionals Conference with a cost of $256.72. (Cary Sallis)
- Adopt Red Cross Proclamation
- Third reading and vote for Case # 1912, request to conditionally rezone 30.58 acres from (CE) Country Estate Residential to (RC) Multi-Unit Residential. The tract is located in the 100 block of Old Taylor Road (CR 303). (Andrea Correll)
- Request approval of preliminary plat for The Grove at Grand Oaks, Phase IIIA, located near OUS School, case # 1932. (Andrea Correll)
- First reading of ordinance to amend Article 7, Section 207 of the Code of Ordinances to require parking to be in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize appraiser to appraise easement for Highway 7 South utility easement. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss recommendation from Downtown Parking Advisory Commission regarding part-time parking enforcement. (Matt Davis)
- Request approval of October 2015 TVA Wholesale Rate Structure change. (Rob Neely)
- Authorize advertisement for a recycling coordinator. (Braxton Tullos)
- Consider executive session.
Questions regarding this agenda? Call 662-232-2312, or contact Lisa Carwyle, City Clerk:email@example.com
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.