Published on July 21st, 2013 | by TLV News0
Board of Aldermen Agenda for July 23, 2013 Meeting (Oxford, Mississippi)
Board of Aldermen Meeting
July 23, 2013 – 6:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
3. Mayor’s Report.
4. Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on July 2, 2013.
5. Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
6. Appoint member to the Oxford Tourism Council.
7. Appoint OPC Board member.
8. Authorize reappointment of OPC Board member.
9. Appoint member on the Pathways Commission.
10. Appoint three members to the municipal election commission.
11. Appoint members to the Economic Development Foundation.
12. Appoint member to Oxford Housing Authority Board.
13. Consider revision of ordinance prohibiting refrigerated beer sales. (Dee Hobbs)
14. Request of funds for American Red Cross. (Jennifer Coleman)
15. Second reading and public hearing of ordinance creating Historic Properties
16. Second reading and public hearing of proposed ordinance change, changing time of
Board meetings to 5:00 p.m.
17. Update of residential property on University Avenue. (Randy Barber).
18. First reading of proposed ordinance eliminating the free first time courtesy parking ticket.
19. Discuss change order for brick pavers for pedestrian connection from Downtown Parking
Lot to North Lamar. (Reanna Mayoral)
20. Request permission to advertise for construction of Whirlpool Water Plant. (Reanna
21. Request permission to advertise for construction of Utility Relocations for Old Taylor
Road Roundabouts and Jackson Avenue/Highway 6 Intersection. (Reanna Mayoral)
22. Approve Memorandum for lighting at Old Taylor Road Roundabout and Jackson
Avenue/Highway 6 Intersection with MDOT. (Reanna Mayoral)
23. Request permission for Superintendent to attend TVA Rate Review meeting in
Murfreesboro, TN on July 31, 2013 with a cost of $153.00. (Rob Neely)
24. Authorize employment of a dispatcher in the Police Department. (Al Hope)
25. Authorize employment of part time seasonal laborers in the Sanitation Department. (Al
26. Accept resignation in the Police Department. (Al Hope)
27. Consider executive session.
Y’all know the Oxford Board of Aldermen meetings are
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
as long as you behave, right?