Meeting is at 5:00 pm in the City Hall Courtroom.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
Agenda item attachments and meeting minutes are available for download here.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of a correction to the adopted minutes of the Regular Meeting on June 4, 2019. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Special Meeting on April 16, 2020, the Regular Meeting on April 21, 2020, the Recess Meeting on April 23, 2020, and the Special Meeting on April 28, 2020. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request permission to accept a donation to the City in the amount of $1,240.25 to be deposited into the General Fund.
- Request approval of water and/or sewer adjustments in accordance with the Oxford Utilities Leak Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for the General Manager to travel to Jackson, MS in the next two weeks to complete the purchase of two buses for the Oxford-University Transit Department at a cost of $188.60 (100% reimbursed by FTA through the CARES Act.). (Donna Zampella)
- Adopt a resolution of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen of Oxford, Mississippi, urging the United States Congress to support direct federal funding to all municipalities in Mississippi to help fight COVID-19 and protect local citizens from the effects of the novel Coronavirus.
- Request permission to accept an in-kind donation of one month of free rent for RSVP. (Arledia Bennett/ Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to approve the Interlocal Agreement for Funding of Early Childhood and Reading Development Program.
- Accept the FY2019 Continuing Disclosure as prepared by Butler Snow. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request permission to apply for a FEMA COVID-19 grant, in the amount of $4,000.00 with a 10% match, to be used to purchase non-contact thermometers, masks, face shields, and gloves for the Oxford Fire Department. (Joey Gardner)
- Authorize the Chief of Police to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the MS Department of Public Safety for the use of Automated License Plate Readers (LPR). (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to accept maintenance of the sewer infrastructure installed during the Rollingwoods to Brittany Woods Sewer Project. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider bids received for the Bramlett Water Distribution Improvement Project. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request permission to approve a license agreement for improvements on the Punkin Water Association, Inc. water system. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider Change Order #1 for Oxford Fire Station #17. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider an executive session.
Questions regarding this agenda? Call 662-236-1310, or contact Ashley Atkinson, City Clerk: email@example.com
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.