Published on March 6th, 2017 | by TLV News0
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda – Tuesday, March 7, 2017 – 5pm
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
Call to order.
2. Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
3. Mayor’s Report
4. Authorize the approval of the minutes of the regular meeting on February 21, 2017.
5. Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments.
6. Consider the consent agenda:
- Request permission to accept the retirement of an officer in the Oxford Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to employ an intern in the Municipal Court Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission for Superintendent to attend the TVPPA Annual Conference in Savannah, GA on May 21-24, 2017 at an estimated cost of $1,643.28. (Rob Neely)
- Recommend approval for Robert Raper to intern for the 2017 Spring Semester in the Oxford Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission for two officers to attend FBI National Academy Chapter training in Pearl, MS from March 30-31, 2017 at an estimated cost of $582.00 plus per diem. (Joey East)
- Recommend approval for the following taxi drivers: Taylor Cox-Magnolia Taxi Service
- Drew Davis-Flying Tuk
- Request permission for the Oxford-University Transit Manager to attend the 12th Annual FTA Drug and Alcohol Program National Conference in New Orleans, LA on April 18-20, 2017 at an estimated cost of $1,041.96. MOOT has awarded OUT a Rural Transit Assistance Program Scholarship that will cover up to $968.24. (Ron Biggs)
- Request permission to advertise for two part-time seasonal employees in the Public Works department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to advertise for part-time seasonal laborers in the Buildings & Grounds Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to advertise for part-time seasonal laborers in the Environmental Services Department. (Braxton Tullos)
8. Request permission to adopt a no-protest resolution of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen of the City of Oxford, Mississippi for General Obligation Bonds in an amount not to exceed fifteen million dollars for the construction of city facilities, infrastructure and equipping same. (Sue Fairbank)
9. Announce a vacancy on the Historic Preservation Commission. (Judy Daniel)
10. Second reading and public hearing on a proposed Ordinance amending the zoning, based on a request, for Case #2162, by Updraft Investments, LLC, to rezone+/- 47.68 acres from RE, RA and GB to TND (Traditional Neighborhood Development) for property located west of North Lamar Boulevard, east of Chickasaw Road and South of Molly Barr Road, further described as PPINs 5042 & 5067. (Judy Daniel)
13. Third reading and vote on a proposed Ordinance amending Section 102, Article XVII, Stopping, Standing, Parking Restricted or Prohibited on certain streets, to add metered parking on Tyler Avenue between South Lamar and 14th Street. (Matt Davis)
15. Consider a donation, made in multiple installments, to Interfaith Compassion Ministry totaling up to $32,500.00 to be made as matching funds for other donations.
18. Consider a budget amendment to the General Government budget for a lease payment. (Ashley Atkinson)
19. Discuss creation of a downtown patrol district. (Joey East)
20. Discuss Parade Permit process and policies. (Joey East)
22. Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.