Published on April 14th, 2012 | by Newt Rayburn0
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda – April 17, 2012 – 6:00 pm
Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda
April 17, 2012 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of recessed meeting on March 28, 2012, regular meeting on April 3, 2012 and special meeting on April 3, 2012.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Adopt Arbor Day resolution.
- Adopt proclamation for May as “Bike Month”.
- Report from Oxford Enterprise Center. (Holly Kelly and Eddie Wood)
- Report on Tree Board activities. (Cowan Hunter)
- Adopt resolution authorizing liquidation of assets and termination of Community Health Foundation Fund, pending County Board of Supervisors approval.
- Third reading and vote of a rezoning ordinance for property located on Old Taylor Road west of the Marks Condominiums from CE, Country Estate, to Planned Unit Development, PUD. (Tim Akers)
- First reading of an ordinance amending the Blackberry Hills Planned Unit Development (PUD) located on the north side of Molly Barr Road west of Christman Drive. (Tim Akers)
- Approve change order for Hooker Construction for the Burns Church renovation project. (Tim Akers)
- Final plat approval for Franklin Farms Phase II Subdivision. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize approval to submit MDOT Multi-Modal grant application for $12,000.00 to procure bus bike racks. (Tim Akers)
- Authorize revisions to Oxford Reserve and Trust local and private legislation. (Pope Mallette)
- Adopt minutes for authorization of revisions of Oxford Reserve and Trust local and private legislation. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Request permission for two public works employees to attend the Engineer/Surveyor Training, MS Rural Water Association in Oxford, MS on May 8, 2012. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission for one wastewater treatment plant operator to attend MWPCOA Short Course in Starkville, MS at a cost of $785.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Award bids for Water Plant Demolition for plant previously operated by Bell Utilities. (Bart Robinson)
- Award bids for south 11th Street, Van Buren Boulevard Utility Rehabilitation. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission for Assistant Superintendent to travel to Nashville, TN on May 8-9, 2012 to the TVPPA Certified Power Executive – Dynamics of Change class with a cost of $1,102.00. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for Assistant Superintendent to attend the Municipal Smart Grid Summit in San Diego, CA on June 4-7, 2012. (Rob Neely)
- Accept grant from Homeland Security for CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) training and equipment and to designate Jimmy Allgood as the grant administrator. (Jimmy Allgood)
- Request permission for four firefighters to attend the 75th MS Firefighters Conference in Jackson MS on May 31-June 3, 2012 at a cost of $736.00. (Mike Hill)
- Authorize advertisement of old ladder truck on govdeals.com. (Mike Hill)
- Consider approval of taxi driver permits for Lyle C. Hatfield and Ronald D. Swinney. (Mike Martin)
- Authorize Mayor Patterson to sign MDOT Urban Youth Corps Program MOU. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement for one part time project coordinator and twenty five part time laborers related to the MDOT Youth Corps Program. (Al Hope)
- Request permission to amend budget for back ground checks. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.