Published on June 11th, 2015 | by TLV News0
Mid-Town Farmers’ Market Saturday Preview (for June 13, 7-11 am)
Mid-Town Farmers’ Market fans and customers,
The market continues this Saturday, June 13 (7-11 am), and below are some expected highlights:
- Cathy Field will have basil pesto with goat cheese and tomato and olive with parmesan cheese focaccia.
- Rosie Hawkins will have blueberry muffins, blueberry bread, sweet potato bread, banana nut bread, coconut pies, sweet potato pies, brownies, fried apple peach pies, and tea cakes.
- Mardis Honey will have honey.
- Pontotoc Ridge Blueberry Farm will have blackberries, blueberries, edible flowers and plants, fresh focaccia bread, more breads, jams, and jellies.
- Bost Farm will have Rattlesnake beans, cucumbers, squash, new potatoes, beets, carrots, green tomatoes, cabbage, and cut zinnias.
- GF Bakery & Market will have a variety of pound cakes, peach pecan, lemon blueberry and bourbon pecan. We will also have our gluten free pound cakes using a new flour blend from 7D Farm, rice flour with jasmine and brown rice. We will also have our homemade salsa’s jalapeno, chipotle, ghost and reaper XXX. We will also have jams and jellies. Our new products this week are apple pie jam and peach pecan jam. We will also have our Wisteria Jelly, Mimosa Jelly, coffee jelly and strawberry mango. Like us on Facebook/bakerymarketgf and follow us on Twitter @Oxfordgfbakery
- Sherry@7D Farm will have whole grain breads made with fresh ground flour. We grind our flour twice weekly. We will also have monster cookies, cinnamon rolls, challah, white breads, blueberry scones, sourdough bread, kale chips, pizza crust, bread sticks, and more.
- Ya Ya’s Yummys will be selling grape, plum, and apple butter jelly, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, and peach preserves, mild and hot salsa, gold habanero pepper jelly, green jalapeno pepper jelly, red pepper garlic pepper jelly, and (NEW) sweet & spicy pepper jelly, baking mixes, dip mixes (6), spaghetti sauce, butter pecan bundt cake, banana nut bread, and rosemary olive loaf.
- Patti Belles will have “Bubba Gump” jumbo sized shrimp (10ct), medium and large, and shucked oysters by the pint.
- Clear Creek Produce will be selling yellow squash, zucchini, cabbage, collard greens, onions, green onions, broccoli, and banana peppers.
- Backyard Bouquet will have flower bouquets.
We will have live music this week (from ~8 – 10 am on Saturday) from Wally Hall. If you enjoy the music, please consider showing your support for the musicians, who are not getting paid for these gigs, with a tip (or some produce).
Master Gardener’s will have a table set up this Saturday (June 13th) at the market. Please visit their tent to ask any gardening questions you may have!
Don’t forget Miss Sue will be at the market for Children’s Day activities every Saturday!!
Please note that the Wednesday market is open from 8 am to 1 pm. Our vendors may arrive or depart any time during those hours, depending on availability of their product.
You can receive an update similar to this one each week on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/mtmarket), along with additional content such as photos and videos from our vendors and from the market itself. We would love for you to take photos at the market, or photos of yourself eating food from the market, and post them on our Facebook page! Or, just make a quick comment on our page about your experience with the market.
We need volunteers to help at the market tent this summer. If you are interested in helping, please contact our volunteer coordinator Betty Crouther (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you know of a vendor who is interested in selling at Mid-Town, please point them to our website (http://www.mtfarmersmarket.com/) where the application documents can be downloaded, or give us their contact information so we can mail the documents to them.
Directions to the market: From the Oxford Square, drive (or walk or bike!) north on North Lamar about ½ mile, and look for us on the left in the parking lot of the Mid-Town Shopping Plaza. Alternatively you can take the bus, utilizing the Oxford University Transit Red Route, which passes Mid-Town once per hour on Saturday mornings (http://www.oxfordms.net/visitors/transit/bus-routes-a-schedules.html).