Published on October 4th, 2013 | by TLV News0
Mid-town Farmers’ Market Saturday Preview (for 10/5/2013)
Mid-Town Farmers’ Market fans and customers,
- Providence Farm will have Fire & Ice Pickles, English Muffin Bread, Cranberry/Almond Granola, Hummus- Garlic and Roasted Red Pepper, Fresh Apple Cake, Mexican Wedding Cake, Cinnamon Streusel Coffeecake Muffins, Apple/Walnut Cinnamon Rolls
- The Original Grit Girl will have grits, corn meal, masa, and polenta
- Cotton’s Cafe will have 4 flavors of dog treats made from all local ingredients: Squash Apple, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, and Peanut Butter
- Ya Ya’s Yummys will have 8-10 jellies, jams, and preserves, 3 pepper jellies, mild and hot salsa, dip mixes, baking mixes, stewed tomatoes, pumpkin bread, cranberry walnut bread, apple-banana cinnamon bread, and gingerbread. They will introduce new products every week until the market ends.
- Wolf Creek Farm will have muscadines, muscadine jelly, and blackberry jelly
- Zion Farms will have turkey breasts, ground turkey, chicken, pork, and eggs, and can now take reservations for Holiday turkeys
- The Spicy or Not Veggy will have Muscadine Jelly, Pear Preserves, Salsa’s and other Jams & Jellies. We will also have Pie on a Stick, Mini Pecan Pies and assorted Sweets and Breads. Stop by and get a Sample of our Salsa’s and Sign up for their Weekly Newsletter! (website)
- Yokna Bottoms Farm will have turnip greens, arugula, radishes, sweet and spicy peppers, eggplant, patty pan and crookneck squash, basil, cilantro, parsley, rosemary, mint and fresh flower arrangements (website)
- Bost Farm will have pumpkins, watermelons, squash, potatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, turnip greens, bell pepper, okra, green beans, peas (website)
- Rhianna Reeder and Ali Craft will not be at the market this Saturday but are taking orders for the October 12 market, and for the upcoming football games and holidays. Homemade pound cake, pumpkin pies, and pecan pies. 601-455-2679
The Wednesday market will continue next week, running 8am to 1pm. Please note that during the Wednesday market hours, our vendors may arrive or depart any time, depending on availability of their product.
You can receive an update similar to this one each week on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/
Did you know that Bost Farm can accept EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) for payment? If you know anyone who receives food benefits through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly the Food Stamp Program), please let them know that they can now use EBT to purchase fresh healthy food at Mid-Town Farmers’ Market.
We need volunteers to help at the market tent next summer. If you are interested in helping, please contact our volunteer coordinator Betty Crouther (email@example.com).
If you know of a vendor who is interested in selling at Mid-Town, please point them to our website (http://www.mtfarmersmarket.
Directions to the market: From the Oxford Square, drive (or walk or bike!) north on North Lamar about ½ mile, and look for us on the left in the parking lot of the Mid-Town Shopping Plaza. Alternatively you can take the bus, utilizing the Oxford University Transit Red Route, which passes Mid-Town once per hour on Saturday mornings (http://www.oxfordms.net/
See you at the market!