Published on September 2nd, 2020 | by TLV News0
Know Your Bartender: Brendan Galbraith at GRIT
- Name and Hometown: Brendan Galbraith, Reston, Virginia.
- Bars where you have worked: GRIT, Taylor
- In your experience, what is the most common reason to have a drink? To relax and unwind with coworkers, friends, or family.
- What’s your favorite ingredient or flavor combination? I love working with Velvet Falernum and mixing it with bitter liqueurs, like Aperol.
- What is your most essential bar tool? Hard to pick, probably my muddler!
- Where’s your favorite spot to sip? Also a tough choice! Blind Pig if I have to pick just one.
- What are your personal specialties? Signature cocktails at GRIT using seasonal ingredients to create well-balanced, unique flavors.
- Craziest request by a customer? Vodka & Diet Coke.
- What drink do you recommend to someone who doesn’t know what to order? Depends on their preferred base liquor and whether they enjoy sweet, spicy, or bitter drinks. I can make a great drink with that info!
- Most famous customer you’ve ever served: Jack Sonni / Archie Manning
- If you could have a drink with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and what would you drink? John Lennon, Brandy Alexanders.
- If you’re in charge of the tunes in your bar, what music do you play? Post-punk revival.
- What’s the best live band you’ve seen in Mississippi? Third Eye Blind
- Favorite movie of all time: Blood Diamond
- Read any good books lately? The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Reckoning by John Grisham
- Best joke to tell to a grumpy customer: Where are average things manufactured? The satis-factory 🙂
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen in your bar lately? A guest’s rendition of “My Girl,” by The Temptations to a table of strangers.
- Favorite after-shift drink? A classic Sazerac.
- Where would you be if you weren’t behind a bar? Waiting tables on the floor!