Published on September 14th, 2015 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Notice that certain aldermen will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
Click on any link to open in browser window. Note: Some file sizes are large and may result in extended download times.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on September 1, 2015, recessed meeting on September 8, 2015.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Consider consent agenda:
- Request permission for two firemen to attend MS Fire Investigators Conference on October 20-23, 2015 in Vicksburg, MS with a cost of $465.00. (Cary Sallis)
- Request permission for two wastewater treatment plant operators to attend MSRWA and MDEQ Fall training in Tupelo, MS with a cost of $450.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Request approval for an engineer to travel to Jackson quarterly as part of the MS811 Advisory Committee. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission for Superintendent to attend TVA Distributed Marketplace Forum in Franklin, TN on November 3, 2015 with a cost of $227.74. (Rob Neely)
- Authorize employment of seasonal employees for Environmental Services Department and Building and Grounds Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize employment of a part-time laborer in the Recycling Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Accept resignation and request permission to advertise for replacement of a full time bus driver position in RSVP. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize employment of a firefighter. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize employment of six full time police officers. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize employment of a seasonal Building & Grounds laborer. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize advertisement for a full time Building Inspector. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize approve of an intern in the Court Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Accept resignation in the Building & Grounds Department and request approval to advertise for a replacement. (Braxton Tullos)
- Accept $20,000.00 tree mitigation from University Construction.
- Adopt hours and discuss agreement with North Mississippi Regional Center/Lafayette Industries and introduce Neoykee Wadley, Hopkins Director. (Michelle Robinson)
- Third reading and vote of proposed ordinance change regarding Noah’s Law. (Joey East)
- Second reading and public hearing of amendment of Vehicle for Hire ordinance, adding language for low speed vehicles and age of vehicles.( Jimmy Allgood)
- Second reading and public hearing to adjust fees on City of Oxford Building and Electrical permits. (Randy Barber)
- Authorize appointments to the Historic Properties Commission.
- Discuss moving of Skipwith Cottage. (Jim Pryor)
- Request from University of Mississippi Athletics Department to host annual Square Jam on Friday, October 9, 2015.
- Discuss request from Chancellor’s House for afterhours work. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept bids for Public Works yearly materials and supplies and re-advertise for materials that were not bid. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss Jackson Row. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize final change order and final payment for Hooper Hollow sewer relocation. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss FNC Tennis Center/John Leslie Courts, accept maintenance and authorize final payment. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss water adjustment for Dell Condominium. (Bart Robinson)
- Request approval for the FY 15-16 Budget for the Oxford-Lafayette County Metro-Narcotics Unit. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss lease agreement with Yoknapatawpha Arts Council for the Old Armory pavilion. (Pope Mallette)
- Discuss OED Rules and Regulations. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to re-bid the overhead and underground construction contact. (Rob Neely)
- Adopt 2015-2016 budget. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Adopt resolution to declare Mill rate for 2015-2016. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Adopt resolution declaring additional .60 mills for Vocational Technical Center. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Accept 2013-2014 Audit. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Request approval of policies for Fire Department, Police Department, Public Works Department and Building & Grounds Department regarding step increases for employees. (Braxton Tullos)
- Consider executive session.
Questions regarding this agenda? Call 662-236-1310, or contact Lisa Carwyle, City Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.