Published on March 1st, 2021 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Meeting is at 5:00 pm in the City Hall Courtroom. You can watch on YouTube here.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Recognize the Lafayette High School Girls Soccer Team for winning their third consecutive MHSAA State Championship.
- Recognize the Lafayette High School Boys Bowling Team for winning their third consecutive MHSAA State Championship.
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting on February 16, 2021. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request approval of water and/or sewer adjustments in accordance with the Oxford Utilities Leak Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for the Sales Manager to attend the MSAE Lunch & Learn Meeting in Ridgeland, MS on March 10, 2021 at an estimated cost of $231.00. (Hayden Guest)
- Annual Report from The Pathways Commission.
- Request approval of city-sponsored life insurance rates. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to advertise for Part-time Facility Workers in the Oxford Conference Center Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to accept the retirement of an employee in the Oxford Utilities-Water & Sewer Department and advertise the vacancy. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to accept the resignation of an employee in the Oxford Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission for the Oxford Garden Club to plant a butterfly garden along the sidewalk from the Old Armory Pavilion to the restroom building.
- Adopt a retirement resolution for Kenneth James in the Oxford Utilities-Water & Sewer Department. (Rob Neely)
- Discuss COVID-19 “Current Restrictions and Guidelines” and the current executive orders.
- Third Reading, Public Hearing, and Vote on a Proposed Ordinance amending Chapter 34, Article IIINoise of the City of Oxford Code of Ordinances. (Ben Requet)
- Request permission to apply for the Wal-Mart Community Grant, in the amount of $2,500.00 with no match, for the Oxford Fire Department. (Joey Gardner)
- Consider a request from Stephen Watkins and event coordinator, Ellen Thomas of SEW Land Holdings, LLC, to have a fireworks show following a wedding ceremony outside The Country Club of Oxford on Saturday, May 6, 2021. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request approval for Adam Shelton and Start 2 Finish Event Management to host the 4 Mile & 10K Run starting and finishing at the Malco on Commonwealth Blvd. on April 24, 2021 from 5:00am -11:00am. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for Visit Oxford to have their Tunes Around Town artists at various City locations on March 19-20, April 9-10, April 23-24, April 30-May 1, and May 7-8, 2021 from 10:00am- 10:00pm each day. (Jeff McCutchen/Kinney Ferris)
- Request permission to approve a list of budget re-allocations and amendments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request permission to apply for a grant, through Three Rivers Planning & Development, for Woodlawn Davis Park. (Jason Bailey)
- Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.