Published on December 31st, 2020 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – Tuesday, January 5, 2020
Meeting is at 5 pm in the City Hall Courtroom.
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting on December 15, 2020. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request approval of water and/or sewer adjustments in accordance with the Oxford Utilities Leak Adjustment Policy. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for two Deputy City Clerks to attend the 2021 Spring CMC Session on March 10- 12, 2021, in Oxford, MS, at an estimated cost of $400.00. (Ashley Atkinson)
- Request permission to advertise for a Service Technician for the City Shop. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to employ an unpaid intern in the Development Services Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Adopt a retirement resolution for William “Bill” Houston.
- Discuss COVID-19 “Current Restrictions and Guidelines” and the current executive orders.
- Public hearing and consideration of a Resolution determining the necessity for and invoking the authority granted to municipalities by the Legislature with respect to Tax Increment Financing as set forth in Section 21-45-1 Et Seq., MS Code of 1972, as amended, determining that the “Tax Increment Financing Plan for the Lamar, City of Oxford, Lafayette County, Mississippi, December 2020” proposes a project that is eligible for Tax Increment financing under the laws of the State; that a public hearing be conducted in connection with the aforementioned Tax Increment Financing Plan; and for related purposes. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider an Intent Resolution for the proposed TIF for The Lamar. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider a TIF Plan for The Lamar development. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to advertise for bids for the Annual Electrical Distribution Contractor Services. (Rob Neely)
- Presentation of the OPD Annual Report. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for the Oxford Police Department to apply for the Walmart Community Grant, in the amount of $2,000.00, for 2021. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for the Mayor to sign Towing Service/Rotation Agreements between The City of Oxford and Chandler Towing and The City of Oxford and Shivers Towing. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to accept the donation of a vehicle from the Oxford Housing Authority. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Discuss the moving of all Oxford Park Commission Administrative Personnel. (Seth Gaines)
- First Reading of a Proposed Ordinance for Case #2704, to amend Articles 2, 3, 4, & 5 of the City of Oxford Land Development Code. (Ben Requet)
- Consider a contract with Eagle Specialty for traffic signal maintenance for the period ending December 31, 2021. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider the acceptance of the infrastructure in Evergreens Phase I (Dylan Avenue). (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider Task Order #4 with Waggoner Engineering related to the Oxford Regional Water Supply and Treatment Project. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request permission to accept bids and authorize the disposal of surplus property on South Lamar. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.