Published on November 19th, 2012 | by Newt Rayburn0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda November 20, 2012 – 6:00 pm
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda
November 20, 2012 – 6:00 pm
November 20, 2012 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the special meeting on November 1, 2012 regular meeting on November 6, 2012.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Appeal of a site plan denial for property located at 2000 Oxford Way. (The Domain)
- Third reading and vote of an ordinance amending section 54-26 Criteria for the Issuance of a Certificate of Appropriateness of the Historic Preservation Ordinance. (Tim Akers)
- Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance permitting the Mayor to temporarily detour traffic on public streets. (Tim Akers)
- First reading of an ordinance amending Section 34-22 of the Landscape Ordinance extending parking lot requirements for 18 months. (Katrina Hourin)
- Approve contract for professional services for Historic Preservation Commission workshop. (Katrina Hourin)
- Accept additional $10,000.00 in grant money from the MS Commission for Volunteer Service. (Kelly Shannon)
- Authorize change order # 1 for lime application with BioSolid Land Farming Project Contract No. 2 for $2,750.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept maintenance for Avent/North 16th Street Drainage Improvements. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize one wastewater treatment plant operator to a two day Laboratory Workshop in Pearl at a total cost of $387.40. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept maintenance of South 11th Street and Van Buren Utilities Rehabilitation and Duct Bank Installation and approve final change order for a deduction of $60,925.39. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize staff to proceed with annexation. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize amendment to contract for purchase of land for Fire Station #1. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept bids and award contract for Indoor Practice Facility at FNC Park. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept bid for 15 KV, 600 AMP switchgear. (Rob Neely)
- Update on status of TVA/EPRI grant for electric bucket truck and request permission to enter program. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for Apprentice Lineman to travel to Scottsboro, LA on January 23-24, 2013 for the TVPPA Lineworker Apprentice Final Exam. (Rob Neely)
- Request approval for training expenses to bring instructor from Mississippi AG’s office for class at OPD at a cost of $812.00. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval for travel for training for one officer to attend class in Pearl, MS on December 12-13, 2012 with a cost of $236.00. (Mike Martin)
- Consider approval of taxi driver permit for Amanda Strickland. (Mike Martin)
- Consider advertisement for part time contract employee for Farmer’s Market. (Al Hope)
- Authorize promotions in Electric Department. (Al Hope)
- Declare copier surplus and advertise on govdeals.com. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.