Published on May 19th, 2013 | by Newt Rayburn0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda May 21, 2013 – 6:00 pm
City of Oxford, Mississippi
Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on May 7, 2013 and recessed meeting on May 10, 2013.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Appoint member to the Reserve & Trust Committee.
- Adopt amended Memorandum of Agreement regarding CDBG and DIP project.
- Accept appraisals, adopt resolution authorizing the closure of 4th street and authorize sale and conveyance. (Pope Mallette)
- Approve agreement for inspection and testing of Downtown Parking Improvements. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize GIS intern in the Public Works Department. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize waste water treatment operator to attend MS Water Environment Technical Conference at a cost of $350.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize sale of easement to SDT at Brittany Woods for $2,450.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Declare sewer pump truck surplus. (Bart Robinson)
- Request approval for five SRO’s to attend the Mississippi state SRO Conference in Biloxi, MS on June 11-14, 2013 with a cost of $2,025.00 to be paid from the DARE fund. (Joey East)
- Request approval to send three SRO’s to an SRO Basic Course in Meridian, MS from June 22-28, 2013 at a cost of $2,106.00 to be paid from the DARE fund. (Joey East)
- Request approval to send four SRO’s to the Mississippi state DARE Conference in Gatlinburg, TN on July 8-12, 2013 at a cost of $1,664.00 to be paid from the DARE fund. (Joey East)
- Discuss increase in Double Decker rental rates. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Accept Democratic Primary results from May 7, 2013 primary. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Authorize interns for the Mayor’s office.
- Authorize advertisement for a pool of drivers for the Double Decker Bus.(Al Hope)
- Authorize hourly rate increase for drivers of the Double Decker bus. (Al Hope)
- Request permission to employ one patrol officer. (Al Hope)
- Accept retirement of Bill Tait, training coordinator. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment of a part-time seasonal Sanitation laborer. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment of a Building & Grounds worker. (Al Hope)
- Authorize a continual application process for FNC Park part-time workers. (Al Hope)
- Authorize an increase in the hourly rate for seasonal concession workers and grounds crew at FNC Park. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.