Published on March 3rd, 2014 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – March 4, 2014 – 5:00 pm
Click on any of the links in this document to open in a browser window.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on February 18, 2014.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Adopt Resolution Affirming the City of Oxford’s Commitment to Diversity.
- Appoint member to Downtown Parking Advisory Commission.
- Accept 2013 Oxford Tourism Council Audit.
- Request for revocable license to use City property. (Andy Phillips)
- Appeal of a recommendation to deny by the Planning Commission of a rezoning application from (RA) Single Family Residential and (A) Agricultural to (RB) Two-Unit Residential for property located on Anderson Road. (Tim Akers)
- Second reading and public hearing of ordinance amending Article 2 Section 141 Downtown Business District of the Land Development Code to increase the permitted building height from 35 to 38 feet. (Tim Akers)
- Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance rezoning, with conditions, property located on the west side of Highway 7 Southeast of South Lamar from (RA) Single Family Residential to (GB) General Business. (Tim Akers)
- Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance rezoning property located west of South Lamar, north of Harlan Drive and south of Mimosa Drive from (PB) Professional Business District and (RB) Two-Unit Residential District to (NB) Neighborhood Business District. (Tim Akers)
- Second reading and public hearing of ordinance amending Article 2 Landscaping of the Code of Ordinances modifying the tree preservation requirements. (Tim Akers)
- Second reading and public hearing of ordinances adopting the following: 2012 International Building, Residential, Plumbing, Mechanical, Gas and existing Building Codes and the 2011 National Electric Code. (Randy Barber)
Existing Building Ordinance
IRC Ordinance Exp
- Request permission for OED Superintendent to attend TVPPA Annual Conference in Point Clear, AL, May 19-21, 2014 at a cost of $1,314.00. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for OED to enter the Aggregated Demand Response program with Seven States Power Corporation. (Rob Neely)
- Second reading and public hearing of proposed ordinance amending certain provisions of Chapter 38 Fire Protection and Prevention sections of the code of ordinances. (Cary Sallis)
- Request permission to submit CLG grant application to Mississippi Archives and History for a series of residential restoration work shops. (Tim Akers)
- Adopt resolution authorizing the application for Section 5310, Elderly and Disabled Transportation Grant.
- Approve travel contract with candidate for planning position.
- Second reading and public hearing of ordinance allowing board to participate in meetings via conference call. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Authorize purchase of one new K-9 and officer training. (Joey East)
- Request approval for Code Enforcement Officer to attend Annual Mississippi Association of Code Enforcement Membership meeting on March 21, 2014 in Greenwood, MS at a cost of $25.00. (Joey East)
- Request approval of William Phillips as pedicab driver. (Joey East)
- Discuss change in overtime and compensation time policy. (Al Hope)
- Authorize approval of part time employees in the Sanitation Department. (Al Hope)
- Approve the retirement of James Shaw in the Sanitation Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement for employment of two full-time Parking Enforcement Officers. (Al Hope)
- Accept resignation in the Fire Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize approval of employment of a firefighter. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.