Published on January 17th, 2014 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda – January 21, 2014 – 5:00 pm
Click on any of the links in this document to open in a browser window.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on January 7, 2014.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Adopt retirement proclamation for Eddie Anderson.
- Consider agreement with executive search firm for Director of Planning position.
- Authorize Mayor to sign letter of recommendation to the University of Mississippi School of Nursing, for the purpose of a grant application, to open an Inter-professional Education Wellness Clinic.
- First reading of Ordinance amendment to Section 14-10 of the Alcoholic Beverages Chapter, which would allow on-premises sale of alcohol on Sunday’s from 11:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. and also a resolution requesting permission from the ABC to permit on-premises license holders to sell liquor in restaurant establishments on Sunday from 11:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Public hearing of Downtown premium on-street paid parking.
- Consider Downtown premium on-street paid parking.
- Authorize advertisement for full-time parking director and full-time parking secretary. (Al Hope)
- Request permission to advertise for parking equipment and installation. (Bart Robinson)
- Approve preliminary plat amendment for the Heights, a single family subdivision in Oxford Commons. (Tim Akers)
- Approve preliminary plat amendment for the Preserves, a single family subdivision in Oxford Commons. (Tim Akers)
- Accept resignation of Jeff Alford from the Downtown Parking Advisory Commission.
- Accept bids on Jackson Avenue/Highway 6 Utility relocation. (Bart Robinson)
- Approve change order for Old Taylor Road Utility relocation. (Bart Robinson)
- Appoint voting delegate and alternate to the Mississippi Rural Water Association. (Bart Robinson)
- Retain Williams Engineering for survey and design services for permit application for additional width at University Avenue and Highway 7 northbound exit ramp. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept funds in the amount of $27,940.00 to be used for the final lift of asphalt and striping on Old Taylor Road from Oxford Properties LLC for work required as part of the Mark Apartment Phase II site plan. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission for the Superintendent of the Electric Department to attend the TVPPA All Member meeting in Nashville, TN on February 5, 2014. (Rob Neely)
- Accept Homeland Security Grant in the amount of $12,000.00. (Jimmy Allgood)
- Request permission for a Captain to attend Forensic evidence collection class in Emmitsburg, MD on February 15 – 22, 2014 with a cost of $200.00. (Cary Sallis)
- Request permission to amend Fire Department budget by $6,300.00 for repairs to Ladder rack on Engine 6. (Cary Sallis)
- Request permission for tow officers to attend Drivers Instructor Training in Glynco, GA from February 3-14, 2014 at a cost of $4,300.00. (Joey East)
- Request permission for four Mounted Patrol Officers to attend Mounted Unit Training on February 5, 2014 in Biloxi, MS with a cost of $1,460.00. (Joey East)
- Accept Municipal Compliance Questionnaire. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Alvin Chambliss to address the Board regarding sewer issues.
- Accept resignation of Office Manager at Oxford Conference center and authorize advertisement for full-time receptionist. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment in Sanitation Department. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.