Published on August 5th, 2012 | by Newt Rayburn0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda for August 7, 2012 – 6:00 pm
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda
for August 7, 2012 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on July 17, 2012 and recessed meetings on July 17, 19, 23 and 26, 2012.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Oxford School District 2012-2013 budget request.
- Adopt intent resolution for to set mill rate for Oxford-Lafayette County Vocational-Technical Center.
- Authorize Mayor Patterson to sign contract with Standard Parking for downtown parking management services. (Tim Akers)
- Approve change order for the Burns Church renovation project in the amount of $9,504.00. (Tim Akers)
- Reject bids for Transit Facility site work. (Tim Akers)
- Recommend to reject bids on John Leslie Tennis Center. (Bart Robinson)
- Authorize amendment to interlocal agreement with the University of Mississippi for the tennis complex. (Pope Mallette)
- First reading of trenching and right of way ordinance. (Bart Robinson)
- First reading of telecommunications permit ordinance (Bart Robinson)
- Accept Water Plant demolition and discuss disposal of surplus property. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission for Pro-Wash to work on Sunday to clean on Van Buren Ave. (Bart Robinson)
- Request approval for WWTP employee to attend the Annual South Mississippi Conference and Short Course with a cost of $1,115.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Discuss changes to the OED wholesale rate structure and authorize Mayor to sign amended power contract with TVA. (Rob Neely)
- Consider approval of taxi driver permit for Archie Reaves and Casey Barclay. (Mike Martin)
- Request from Lafayette County Law Enforcement Officer’s Association of $600.00 towards cost of Annual Fishing Rodeo at Pat Lamar Park. (Mike Martin/Phillip Zampella)
- Accept two resignations in the Police Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize employment of seasonal laborers in Sanitation and Building & Grounds. (Al Hope)
- Approve ADA self evaluation and transition plan. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
“Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2454.”