Published on December 3rd, 2012 | by Newt Rayburn0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Meeting Agenda December 4, 2012 – 6:00 pm
December 4, 2012 – 6:00 pm
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the special meeting on November 30, 2012 regular meeting on November 20, 2012.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Accept resignation of Rex Deloach and appoint Bob Dowdy to Oxford Reserve and Trust Committee.
- Third reading and vote of an ordinance permitting the Mayor to temporarily detour traffic on public streets. (Tim Akers)
- Second reading and public hearing of an ordinance amending Section 34-22 of the Landscape Ordinance extending parking lot requirements for 18 months. (Katrina Hourin)
- Accept donation from the Oxford-Lafayette County Heritage Foundation for Burns Church renovation. (Jim Pryor)
- Amend Planning Department budget. (Tim Akers)
- Award construction contract for Phase II of the Burns Church Renovation project. (Jim Pryor)
- Approve closing of Belk property pending environmental study and approval of counsel. (Pope Mallette)
- Authorize Precision Engineering to proceed with Parking Lot Design for Downtown parking. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept easement from University of Mississippi for construction of water supply well and waterlines for South Water Plant. (Bart Robinson)
- Declare surplus property and authorize advertisement to accept bids. (Bart Robinson)
- Report on Tourism tax revenue. (Mary Kathryn Millner)
- Discuss request from University Museums regarding Mary Buie exhibits. (Mayor Patterson)
- Request permission to purchase two vehicles from state contract. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to advertise for bids for substation maintenance. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for three employees to attend Sports Turf Managers Association conference in Daytona, FL on January 14-18, 2013 with a cost of $2300.00. (Brad Freeman)
- Consider approval of reserve officer. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval for two officers to attend training in Richland, MS on January 15-17, 2012 at a cost of $922.00. (Mike Martin)
- Request approval for dispatcher to attend training in Starkville, MS on December 10-11, 2012 at a cost of $539.00. (Mike Martin)
- Authorize destruction of hard drive for old Human Resource copier. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement for a dispatcher. (Al Hope)
- Authorize promotion in the Electric Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement for flat bed truck driver. (Al Hope)
- Accept retirement in the Fire Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize internal advertisement in the Fire Department. (Al Hope)
- Authorize advertisement for a pool of applicants for firefighter. (Al Hope)
- Consider executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.