Published on September 29th, 2013 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda – October 1, 2013
Reminder: Board of Aldermen meetings now begin at 5PM.
1. Call to order.
2. Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
3. Mayor’s Report.
4. Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on September 17, 2013 and recessed meeting on September 20, 2013.
5. Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
6. Adopt National Disabilities Employment Awareness Month proclamation.
7. Adopt intent resolution for Special Assessment Bonds for construction of road from Sisk Avenue to Hwy 30 East. (Demery Grubbs)
8. Adopt Rural Economic Development Agreement resolution. (Paul Watkins)
9. Discuss City funding of $500,000.00 for the Oxford Frontage Road off of Sisk Avenue.
10. Public hearing of proposed location of parking garage. (Tim Akers)
11. First reading of an ordinance regulating the number of access points required for emergency response. (Tim Akers)
12. Third reading and vote of an ordinance regulating digital billboards. (Tim Akers)
13. Authorize deduct change order for $301.02 Avent Park Storm Water Management. (Bart Robinson)
14. Accept final maintenance of Avent Park Storm Water Management. (Bart Robinson)
15. Authorize three Public Works employees to attend the Trench Safety Competent Person Training in Tunica, MS on October 28, 2013 with a cost of $300.00. (Bart Robinson)
16. Request permission for utility locator to attend the MS Damage Prevention Summit in Tunica, MS on October 28-30, 2013 at a cost of $991.00. (Bart Robinson)
17. Request permission for Assistant City Engineer to attend MS Bike Walk Summit in Jackson, MS on October 2, 2013 with a cost of $30.00. (Bart Robinson)
18. Accept bid for new Water Wells at Whirlpool. (Bart Robinson)
19. Accept sewer easement from University of Mississippi for Falkner Flats. (Bart Robinson)
20. Grant temporary construction easement to Heritage Properties for Falkner Flats. (Bart Robinson)
21. Request permission to advertise for bids for purchase of a Front Loader Garbage Truck. (Eddie Anderson)
22. Request permission for one employee to travel to Tupelo, MS on October 10-11, 2013 for Keep Mississippi Beautiful Annual Conference at no cost. (Eddie Anderson)
23. Request permission to advertise and bid electric transformers. (Rob Neely)
24. Award bid for Electric Hybrid Bucket Truck. (Rob Neely)
25. Accept Mississippi Department of Wildlife and Fisheries grant in the amount of $100,000.00 for Garden Terrace Park. (Rob Boyd)
26. Request permission for three E911 dispatchers to complete an 8 hour ride-along with the Oxford Fire Department as part of their 911 training. (Cary Sallis)
27. Adopt Fair Housing Policy Resolution related to the CDBG Grant for the MDOT/FNC road. (Lisa Carwyle)
28. Adopt Minority/Women Business Enterprises Policy Resolution related to the CDBG Grant for the MDOT/FNC road. (Lisa Carwyle)
29. Authorize Mayor Pro Tempore Howell to sign Americans with Disabilities Act letter to the MDA related to the CDBG Grant for the MDOT/FNC road. (Lisa Carwyle)
30. Adopt resolution of Code of Standards of Conduct related to the CDBG Grant for the MDOT/FNC road. (Lisa Carwyle)
31. Authorize court clerk to attend Constituent Advisory Committee meeting in Jackson, MS on October 18, 2013 with a no cost to the City. (Lisa Carwyle)
32. Authorize court clerk to attend Municipal Court Clerks Leadership Conference in Gulfport MS on November 6-8, 2013 at no cost to the City. (Lisa Carwyle)
33. Request approval for one vehicle to be transferred from Oxford Housing Authority to the Oxford Police Department. (Joey East)
34. Recommend Cody Truitt, Jacob Chism, Dwayne Steen and Kenneth Scanlon as taxi drivers. (Joey East)
35. Request approval for the Code Enforcement Officer to attend MS Association of Code Enforcement conference in Brandon, MS on October 17-18, 2013 with a cost of $298.00. (Joey East)
36. Request approval for Jordan Montgomery to perform 40 hours of community service for class credit at the University of Mississippi. (Joey East)
37. Authorize employment of a patrol officer. (Al Hope)
38. Authorize employment of two part- time FNC workers. (Al Hope)
39. Consider executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Al E. Hope, Sr., City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.