Published on March 3rd, 2019 | by Newt Rayburn0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda for Tuesday, March 5, 2018
Notice that certain commission members will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
Agenda item attachments and meeting minutes are available for download here.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report
- Authorize the approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting on February 19, 2019 and the Recess Meeting on February 25, 2019.
- Authorize the approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Consider the consent agenda:
- Request permission to approve Robert E. Miller II as a taxi driver for Austin Taxi. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission to send two employees to CDL Driver testing for Oxford-University Transit. (Donna Zampella)
- Request permission to send five employees to the 2019 MDOT/MPTA Roadeo on April 11-13, 2019 in Choctaw, MS at a net estimated cost of $740.00, (a portion of the costs will be reimbursed by scholarships). (Donna Zampella)
- Request permission to send one employee to the Developing an Emergency Management Plan workshop on April 11-13, 2019 in Choctaw, MS at an estimated cost of $249.23. (Donna Zampella)
- Request permission for an inspector to attend a Site Plan Class at the MS State Fire Academy on March 11-15, 2019 at an estimated cost of $143.50. (Joey Gardner)
- Request permission for an inspector to attend training on March 15-17, 2019 in Corinth, MS at an estimated cost of $477.92. (Joey Gardner)
- Request permission for the General Manager to attend TVPPA Annual Conference on May 19-22, 2019 in Asheville, NC at an estimated cost of $1,834.00. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission for the City Planner to attend the Congress for New Urbanism Conference on June 11-16, 2019 in Louisville, KY at an estimated cost of $2,250.00. (Ben Requet)
- Request permission to hire two Firefighters in the Oxford Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission to advertise, open to the public, the CPAT Testing and Application Pool for the Oxford Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request permission for two officers to attend School Threat Assessment training on March 20-21, 2019 in New Orleans, LA at an estimated cost of $692.98. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for two officers to attend Verbal De-Escalation training on April 1-2, 2019 in Orange Beach, AL at an estimated cost of $1,071.54 plus per diem. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for one officer to attend Precision Rifle training on March 25-29, 2019 at an estimated cost of $1,214.0 plus per diem. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Request permission for three engineers to attend the 2019 Annual Conference of the Association of Floodplain Managers of MS on April 2-4, 2019 in Natchez, MS at an estimated cost of $1,440.00. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Request permission for the GIS Technician to attend the Twin State Conference AL-MS Chapters of the American Society of Landscape Architects Annual Meeting on April 4-6, 2019 in Huntsville, AL at an estimated cost of $837.00. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept bids and award a contract for gymnastics equipment for the OPC Activity Center. (Seth Gaines)
- Adopt a resolution to modify fees for the Planning Department related to the Land Development Code. (Ben Requet)
- Request permission to update the Oxford Utilities Rules and Regulations. (Rob Neely)
- Request permission to authorize the Mayor to sign a renewal of the Memorandum of Understanding with the MS Department of Health. (Jimmy Allgood)
- Consider Non-Filming Location Agreement with Universal Television LLC – Bluff City Law. (Hayden Guest)
- Consider a request from Bluff City Law to hire off-duty, uniformed officers for March 9-14, 2019. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Approve an updated list of unmarked vehicles for the Oxford Police Department. (Jeff McCutchen)
- Consider a Construction Change Request for West Oxford Loop Extended (SEMP-36(1)). (Reanna Mayoral)
- Accept a proposal for CDBG Engineering Services for work related to the repair of the Goose Creek Sewer Force Main and a possible CDBG grant application. (Reanna Mayoral)
- Consider a request from the University of MS to close Gertrude Ford Boulevard from July 8- August 9, 2019 for construction adjacent to the roadway. (Reanna Mayoral)
- First Reading of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 14, Article II of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Oxford – Alcoholic Beverages. (Bart Robinson)
- Request permission to advertise for bids for the landscaping for the Downtown Parking Garage. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider Amendment #1 to the Parking Consultant Agreement. (Bart Robinson)
- Consider an executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.