Published on November 30th, 2015 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Aldermen Agenda for Tuesday, December 1, 2015
CITY OF OXFORD SPECIAL MEETING
December 1, 2015 at 4:00 pm
- Call to Order.
- Discuss annexation. (Mike Slaughter)
CITY OF OXFORD BOARD OF ALDERMEN AGENDA
December 1, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Notice that certain aldermen will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
Click on any link to open in browser window. Note: Some file sizes are large and may result in extended download times.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on November 17, 2015.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Consider consent agenda:
- Accept resignation in the Police Department and authorize advertisement for a replacement. (Braxton Tullos)
- Accept resignation of a part-time Police Officer. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize promotion in the Building & Grounds Department and authorize advertisement for a laborer. (Braxton Tullos)
- Approve Jeremy Sartain, Houston Mayhan, Tyler Daniels and Seth-Daniel Lambert as taxi drivers. (Joey East)
- Request approval for one officer to attend Crime Patrol Workshop in Pearl, MS from December 7–9, 2015 at a cost of $333.00. (Joey East)
- Request permission to reapply for the Hotspot Grant through the MS Department of Public Safety in the amount of $83,000.00. (Joey East)
- Authorize appointment to the Oxford Tourism Council.
- Request for revocable license for brick structure on City property on Madison Avenue and request relief from enforcement of City Ordinance Section 87-23, curbside bins. (Tom Suszek)
- First reading of case #2019, rezoning of 39,675 square feet from (MD) Medical District to (NB) Neighborhood Business for part of property identified as PPIN 8824, located at the intersection of South Lamar & Belk Boulevard Extended.(Andrea Correll)
- First reading of Engine Brake Ordinance Section 102-17 of the City of Oxford Code of Ordinances. (Andrea Correll)
- Accept bids for annual materials. (Bart Robinson)
- Approve change order for Water and Sewer Relocations/FNC Frontage Road on SR7-MDOT Project No. SP-STP-0019-02(049). (Bart Robinson)
- First reading of ordinance amending Section 94-58 and 94-60, adding commercial recycling services. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Third reading and vote of ordinance amending Section 14-9 of the Code of Ordinances to allow consumption of alcohol at the Pavilion on Bramlett Boulevard, the old National Guard Armory. (Lisa Carwyle)
- Authorize purchase of property adjacent to Lamar Park from Medical Ministries.
- Request approval to destroy equipment from Metro-Narcotics Inventory. (Joey East)
- Request approval to amend the Sick leave and Holiday leave policy for the Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Request approval of employment of Commander of Metro Narcotics. (Braxton Tullos)
- Consider executive session.
Auxiliary aids and services may be available to individuals with disabilities upon twenty-four (24) hours request by contacting Braxton Tullos, City of Oxford ADA Coordinator at 662-232-2453.