Published on January 17th, 2015 | by TLV News0
City of Oxford, Mississippi Board of Alderman Agenda for Tuesday, January 20, 2015 – 5 pm
Notice that certain aldermen will be included in the meeting via teleconference, subject to City of Oxford Code of Ordinances Section 2-82.
- Call to order.
- Adopt the agenda for the meeting.
- Mayor’s Report.
- Authorize approval of minutes of the regular meeting on January 6, 2015 and special meeting on January 16, 2015.
- Authorize approval of accounts for all city departments.
- Consider consent agenda:
- Request four employees to attend MDEQ Rubbish Site Training & Certification on February 25-26, 2015 with a cost of $765.00. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Approve travel for Director of Parking to attend Mid-South Transportation and Parking Association conference in Orange Beach, AL on March 1-4, 2015 with a cost of $1,320.25. (Matt Davis)
- Authorize donation of police vehicle to Town of Shaw, MS. (Joey East)
- Request approval of intern in the Court Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Approve full-time Communications Officer in the Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize approval of part-time reserve officer. (Braxton Tullos)
- Approve employment of Right-of-Way Groundman in the Electric Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Approve intern in the Planning Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Approve travel of superintendent to attend TVPPA all member meeting in Nashville, TN on February 4, 2015 with a cost of $287.85. (Rob Neely)
- Approve travel of engineer to attend TVPPA Engineering and Operations meeting in Chattanooga, TN on February 11, 2015with a cost of $156.00. (Rob Neely)
- Announce vacancy on Oxford School Board.
- Second reading and public hearing for case # 1921, Section 212 Site Plan Review subsection 212.06 Procedure 2. And 3. Amending the length of the review period from 30 to 45 days. (Andrea Correll)
- Second reading and public hearing for case # 1910, request to conditionally rezone (11.93 acres) from (A) Agriculture to (RC) Multi-Unit Residential for property located in the 900 block of South 18th Street. (Andrea Correll)
Staff Memo on Case 1910
Ordinance on Rezoning Property for case 1910
Planning Commission Case 1910
Minutes from Planning Commission Meeting on Case 1910
- Second reading and public hearing for Case # 1922, amending Section 226 Public hearing procedure changing subsection 226.01 2. Requiring a public hearing be held within 45 days of filing changing the requirement to 60 days. (Andrea Correll)
- Authorize Mayor to execute engineering agreement in conjunction with the approved REDA Agreement for Sisk to Highway 6 and West Oxford Loop Extension. (Bart Robinson)
- Approve change order number four for new fire station and EOC. (Bart Robinson)
- Accept bid for Leaf Truck. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Authorize advertisement to bid Garbage Truck Chassis. (Amberlyn Liles)
- Request approval of HotSpot Grant in the amount of $83,000.00 with no match required of the City. (Joey East)
- Year-end review of Oxford Police Department. (Joey East)
- Authorize back pay for employee in the Police Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Authorize back pay for employee in the Fire Department. (Braxton Tullos)
- Consider executive session.